D & F Contest - Spring Cleaning with a Twist!

PLEASE VOTE NOW - POLL IS AT THE END OF THIS POST :slight_smile:

:blossom::tulip::seedling::palm_tree::sunflower::blossom::tulip::palm_tree::rose::shamrock::blossom::sunflower::tulip::deciduous_tree::rose::rosette::cherry_blossom::butterfly::ear_of_rice::palm_tree::deciduous_tree::leaves::rosette::beetle::honeybee::hibiscus::tulip::blossom::four_leaf_clover::tulip::seedling::cherry_blossom::hibiscus::shamrock:

The new year brings a sense of renewal. It also prompts many of us to get into spring cleaning mode to banish all the clutter! While weโ€™re all giving our homes the steely eye of destashing, here is the first Decorative & Functional Crafts Boardwide Challenge!

YOUR MISSION - REPURPOSE AN ITEM YOU WOULD NORMALLY THROW OUT FROM LACK OF USE, OR WEAR AND TEAR.

Examples:

• Frog an old sweater and reuse the yarn to make some storage baskets.
  • Take an old tv tray and turn it into a mosaic side table.
  • Save an old book and transform it into a hidden stash bank.
  • Transform some old tshirts into a lap blanket.

The Rules:

• You must repurpose something found in your home.
  • You do not have to work completely from stash, but it is highly encouraged.
  • You must include a picture of the original object that is being transformed, and at least one picture of the transformation (more is always encouraged).
  • Each member may only submit one entry, which cannot already be posted on its own thread.
  • Additionally, your entry may not be submitted for any other contest in this community.
  • All entries must be posted by midnight on March 15th.

The winner of the Spring Cleaning Challenge will receive a $25 gift card to Amazon!

Additional Details:

• You should submit your entry by creating a project post on the Completed Projects sub-board.
  • You are REQUIRED to have a descriptive title and then include โ€œ- D&F 2020 Q1 Contest Entryโ€ (example: Suzieโ€™s Tshirt Quilt - D&F 2020 Q1 Contest Entry). Once you have posted your submission, you need to reply to this thread with a link to your post. If you do not do this, your entry will not be considered.
  • Voting will happen on March 16th - 22nd.
  • The winner will be announced on March 23rd - we will contact you via Private Message, after the announcement.
  • If cheating of any sort is discovered, the applicable entry and votes will be disqualified.

If you have any questions, or want to chat about your crafting progress for this challenge, post it here! Letโ€™s have fun!

:blossom::tulip::seedling::palm_tree::sunflower::blossom::tulip::palm_tree::rose::shamrock::blossom::sunflower::tulip::deciduous_tree::rose::rosette::cherry_blossom::butterfly::ear_of_rice::palm_tree::deciduous_tree::leaves::rosette::beetle::honeybee::hibiscus::tulip::blossom::four_leaf_clover::tulip::seedling::cherry_blossom::hibiscus::shamrock:

ENTRIES:

PLEASE VOTE HERE FOR YOUR FAVORITE ENTRY! THE WINNER WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MONDAY, MARCH 23RD

• Cozy Ferret Box Transformation
  • Upcycled Desk Storage
  • Bye Bye Felicia tote bag
  • Temari Ball
  • Suitcase to Coffee Table Conversion
  • Plant eating pig preventer
  • The Transformation from Uncomfortable Chaise to the Sleek Couch
  • Toddler Lamp Makeover
  • Makers Gonna Make Ruler Holder

0 voters

:star2: :star2: :star2:Congratulations @appledainty on winning the D&F 2020 Q1 Contest!!! :star2: :star2: :star2:
Thank you for sharing such an amazing project with the community :heart:

25 Likes

Oh this will be fun!!!

2 Likes

I hope so! Canโ€™t wait to see what everyone makes :smiley:

1 Like

What a great challenge!

2 Likes

This is exciting! Canโ€™t wait to see what everyone comes up with!

1 Like

Yay spring cleaning! What to doโ€ฆwhat to doโ€ฆ :thinking:

2 Likes

Excellent challenge! It will be fun to see what everyone has come up with.

2 Likes

Awesome challenge theme!
Letโ€™s get to decluttering in the name of crafting :smiley:

2 Likes

I just de-cluttered last month but havenโ€™t donated or thrown out everything yet so now Iโ€™ll go looking what I can use.

2 Likes

I love this challenge! Canโ€™t wait to see the entries.

2 Likes

This is so exciting!!

2 Likes

This is such a great challenge!

1 Like

What a great idea for a challenge! I canโ€™t wait to see everyoneโ€™s reimaginings!

2 Likes

I wonโ€™t be submitting an entry, but this has got me in the stash-busting mood :wink:

2 Likes

I hope you will share an entry even if you arenโ€™t included in the actually challenge entries.

I have way, way too much rescued junk any other rational person would have thrown away. I need to think about what sort of project I should do first, haha.

3 Likes

Think think thinkโ€ฆI may have an idea. I have to see if the thing is still stashed away in the garage. Itโ€™ll involve a bit of excavating as the garage was the dump site when we moved into our house. I rarely venture into it. Hmmmโ€ฆ

3 Likes

I makes me feel so much better knowing iโ€™m not the only one with such a garage.

3 Likes

A great excuse to go digging around :rofl:

2 Likes

Ooohhh I have an idea! But itโ€™s a huge idea! And our spring break doesnโ€™t start until that week (March 14), so I guess weโ€™ll have to see if there will be enough time and energy before then!

2 Likes