Wally, Lettuce Craft's First Kwality Monster

Meet Wally. He loves playing Uno, collecting gum wrappers, and washing his hair.
His base is an 8" x 8" gessoed wooden cradle board with watercolor paper affixed to the top using Yes! Paste (that stuff is magical, I swear). The background and monster on the paper were created using nearly every supply in my art arsenal: Brusho powders, gelatos, rubber stamps, distress inks, Gelly Roll pens, acrylic paint, watercolors, and probably a ton more items I’m forgetting. After he was glued, I went over his outlines with a teeny tiny paintbrush with a varnish type item called Goosebumps Spray for a raised, shiny effect.

and a detail shot:

45 Likes

Welcome to Lettuce, Wally!

@Kwality570, it would be so fun to just watch you create! So much talent!

4 Likes

I love him so much! Welcome to the party, Wally!

2 Likes

So lovely see a kwality monster again.

The one you sent me greets me with his happy smile every morning, from my dressing table.

3 Likes

Yay for Wally! Way to represent! I had no idea all the different techniques you use to creat your monsters. I’m impressed!!!

2 Likes

Wally! You are just too cute!

2 Likes

He’s wonderful! I love the depth of colour and textures you achieve in your work!

2 Likes

Hi Wally!

I like Yes! paste since it doesn’t wrinkle stuff but I tend to get it everywhere.

4 Likes

I’ve never heard of yes! Paste. It’s this another thing I’m going to be frustrated that I can’t get. What does it do? What’s it made of? Enquiring minds need to know

Cute! Welcome, Wally! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s a gooey glue that isn’t very wet, so paper doesn’t wrinkle. It is super sticky like @geekgirl said and does tend to get everywhere unless you’re careful. The good thing is that Yes! is water soluble and comes right off of wherever you accidentally got it. I usually smooth it on with a palette knife. It takes a while to dry, so you can move the paper around, but once it’s dry, it’s definitely dry and stiff!

5 Likes

What a sweet little friend. Thank you for your generosity with him!

1 Like

That is so excellent, he’s a charmer, just look at that friendly smile.
My Kwality Monster looks adorable too but he’s a sweary little thing. All cuss words all the time, lol. I hide him up in the studio where kids are not allowed ;).

4 Likes

I love all your monsters. Even with your detailed shot, it’s still even more impressive in person. These little guys have so much depth and dimension. There is no way to capture it. It boggles the mind. They are incredible!

3 Likes

A Kwality Monster … so happy to see another one :smiley:

2 Likes

He is remarkable. I love all the details in the background and monster. So much texture and depth.

3 Likes

YAY!! Wally makes me really feel at home here at LC!! You know I LOVE your monsters!

I am the proud owner of an awesome Kwality monster painting and I love it to pieces!

Again, YAY!! :heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart:

This rocks!! :metal::metal:

7 Likes

@Kwality570 - did you HAVE to model him after me? Uno and washing my hair is MY JAM!!

Great work on his sweet little face. The shading under his cap brim, and under his open mouth is excellent indeed. Thanks for listing all the items. A lot of work goes into making these little creatures come to life!

5 Likes

@wendiek no, YOU ROCK! :metal:

3 Likes

Firstly, such an adorable monster :smiley: Secondly, such amazing painting skills, and thirdly, what a list of supplies :smiley:

4 Likes