Weekend ATC Blitz Challenge #3!

:smiley_cat: :two_hearts: :writing_hand: :woman_genie: :unicorn: :cherry_blossom: :honeybee: :earth_asia: :rocket: :waning_crescent_moon: :rainbow: :8ball: :crayon: :old_key: :paintbrush: :camera: :scissors: :crown: :art: :framed_picture: :performing_arts: :lollipop: :mushroom:
We might be staying in and socially isolating but that shouldn’t stop us from being creative! This will be a fun 3 day challenge to create a pile of ATC’s and share the visual bounty with each other. We will be doing a challenge every weekend until the end of April!

The Rules

-ATC’s must be original and official size 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
-ATC’s must not have been posted before
-All ATC’s that you create for this challenge must be posted in this thread (post them as you make them!)
-To be eligible for the prize you must create at least one ATC in each of the 6 themes and more is obviously better! Because we will have 6 Blitzs in all, any previous winners will not be included in the random draw-spreading the collage :heart: around!

This challenge will start Friday April 3 at noon MST and end on Sunday, April 5 at midnight MST

There will be a new theme posted every day at noon (3) and every evening around 5/6 MST (3) for a total of 6 themes each weekend. The new themes will be posted on this first post.

Once you make your ATC(s) post in this thread, please note you can catch up on themes at anytime before the Blitz ends. All mediums are welcome!

A random draw from all artists who have posted at least one ATC in each of the 6 themes will be made each Monday night for a letter size envelope of collage goodies! Due to circumstances I will try and mail when I can, winners might have to wait a bit if my post office closes
Artists who have made a separate post of their 6/6 (or more) ATC’s with an ATC tag and ATC Blitz #2 in the title by drawtime Monday night will get an extra entry!

Please keep track of completed themes when you post by putting this at the top of each ATC you post:
Themes 1/6 -when you’ve completed one of the themes
Themes 2/6 -when you’ve completed two of the themes and so on
**note that this is not the theme number but IS the number of ATCs you have finished and posted. I will look at the end of the weekend for all 6/6 posts for the draw and will not be keeping track in any other way, thanks :slight_smile:

Themes

1. Circus
  2. Cats
  3. Babushka Dolls ( also known as matryoshka or nesting dolls)
  4. Music
  5. Shimmer
  6. Mushrooms
5 Likes

6/6 artists

1 audity
2 craftADDchick
3 thanate
4 loves2experiment
5 Lynx2Lancer
6 Lynx2Lancer

1 Like

Awesome theme to start off challenge #3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh, boy! I already love the first theme!

I am a bit behind on things today. I’ve been on the computer all morning. But now that the school week has officially “wrapped,” I can focus on more fun things. I’m going to be tearing out some images from a magazine to use on my masterboard, then I want to think about how I can approach this weekend’s prompts using an overall theme like some people did last week. It could be fun (or frustrating… I guess I’ll find out!).

2 Likes

I can’t wait to play with this when I get home. I’ve been wanting to do a circus theme set of something so this may be a good start!

1 Like

Yay! Thank you!

1 Like

Yessss so excited!! Love the first theme!

1 Like

Okay this time I’m all in. No messing about. :angry:

3 Likes

Theme #2 is up!! Happy Friday :smiley_cat:

1 Like

Got a masterboard drying so I can hit the ground running on these tomorrow.

1 Like

Working all weekend… but will try to get some done!

theme #3!! I hope someone posts a card soon…
Now I’m off to my art room to get busy :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I finished my masterboard this morning, and I have my idea for my overarching theme. I just need to execute it :slight_smile:

@alteredmommy, is there any way we can change the setup so that we have all the themes posted at once and have the weekend to complete and post by like Monday at noon? Getting that last card in on Sunday is hard for some of us who are time zones ahead of you. Also, for me, we have almost reached our data cap so I have to practically stay off internet until it resets on the 14th!!! I am currently sitting outside library using their wifi. I will try to participate, but my best deal is posting one pic on Monday when I can visit library wifi again.

I hope to finish #1 & #2 and post them today.
Had a late start because there are piles and piles of envelopes on my desk that I had to finish making.
Happy weekend all!

I went out for a short hike with a friend today and realized that there is a waterfall less than 5 minutes from my house! Because of the rain we just had, it was flowing quite nicely. But, while I was out, I changed my idea for my overall theme. I’m gathering what I need to make the first 3 cards… but I need my color printer, and it won’t connect for some reason.

Not gonna lie – I may have spent all my crafty mojo on the masterboard.

4 Likes

You get it all back tomorrow. With interest.

3 Likes

Watercolored all of my backgrounds today, and I’m almost done with my first 2, hopefully I’ll be able to post at least those ones tonight :crossed_fingers: