Weird Bird King Costume- Fashion 2020 Q4 Contest Entry

Here is my Bird King of Hell costume! I love Hieronymus Bosch’s Garden of Earthly Delights and I love the Bird King in the third panel. I know no one gets it. That’s fine. It was pretty much for my amusement alone. :rofl: Head is made of paper mache. I painted the stripe on the blue shirt and I cut a sheet into a sort of skirt-thing. I’m kinda sad I didn’t score a Ken doll at the thrift store today but its not a big issue. Maybe later I’ll add to the costume: naked guy with birds flying outa his butt, some gloves, vase shoes, a chair…

20201030_183442 20201030_183843

16 Likes

Hah love the originality. That painting is a trip, I remember it definitely standing out in my art history class in college.

1 Like

Hilarious! A+++ for originality and craftsmanship!!

1 Like

that’s the best bosch bird king mask I’ve ever seen!
very cool.

1 Like

Oh, I get it. And I love it! Totally fantastic, really, really excellent idea & execution.

1 Like

THIS IS AMAZING! It’s turned out great and that painting is such a cool and trippy inspiration.

1 Like

Fantastic job! I love the weirdness of that painting, but would never have thought to create a costume from it.

1 Like

Thank you!!

Lol! Isn’t it the only one?

1 Like

Thank so much, Magpie!

Thanks so much! It was a labor of love. Lol

Thanks! Yeah it was a strange decision. I’ve wanted to make something from it for a long time.

Also, you should enter this into the Halloween Costume Challenge 2020

1 Like

Do I have to delete this post to submit it? It says it can’t face its own thread.

Epic! That painting is fabulous in a disturbing and creepy way - I could stare at it for hours. Your costume is awesome!

1 Like

Ohh wow its amazing no doubt.

1 Like