Welcome Mat

Little backstory…have been friends with these guys for a while. A cat showed up several years ago and had kittens the night before their concert, so Dailey named all three of the kittens. They became Dailey, Vincent and Parker (the latter for their long-time band member at the time). Vincent has taken to sleeping in a dog house - which we call the “bunkhouse” because the alternative isn’t really appropriate. Vincent also has a tendency to take trash on his feet so decided it might work well to have a welcome mat outside his door. And of course plain wouldn’t do.

Materials:
Door mat - Dollar Tree
Freezer paper stencil cut with a Cricut Maker and ironed on at the highest setting on my little iron.
Tulip Soft Paint - White
Medium-sized paint brush - used cautiously
Hair Dryer for post heat set

15 Likes

How adorable! The little paw prints are so cute, and love the way you designed the names as well.

Thanks, but I can’t take credit for the way the names are as that is the band logo. Now the HSH line is totally mine though. :wink:

1 Like

This came out excellent! Cute story. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cute! I think doormats might be an untapped band merch item!

1 Like

What a fun idea! I like the ‘home sweet home’ at the bottom.

1 Like

Very cute!! Door mat for a dog house! Who knew? Love it!

1 Like

I have a feeling I may end up making one for a band bus! But if they forget it somewhere I will be irritated! :joy:

Customizing is the best, next to kittens! Best of both worlds.

2 Likes

:sparkler: :partying_face: Congratulations, this is a featured project for this week. :partying_face: :sparkler:

1 Like

Thanks @Edel !

Super cute!

1 Like

So cute!

1 Like