"What Can I Do With This...?" Re/upcycle Craftalong

My first thought is you can use them to clean off paint brushes and then reuse again to sew into pouches or ? I try to do that with baby wipes that I use to clean my hands.

1 Like

They are strangely nonabsorbent, almost scratchy like. I will try them for cleaning paint brushes. I thought maybe painting or printing right on them. Paper mache… someone suggested stuffing for temari balls but I’m not keen on making those.

2 Likes

I’ll keep thinking…

1 Like

If you use them for cleaning off paint brushes (or if you paint/print on them), you could end up with some pretty fabric that you could use for journal covers.

2 Likes

And it occurred to me- can they just be cleaning cloths again? Car, dog, dirty kids?
:wink: :grin: :rofl:

3 Likes

If they don’t biodegrade, how about something outdoorsy? Could they be decorated for prayer flags or bunting?

1 Like

If they take color in some way and/or can they be stitched onto could you use them as a base for a kind of masterboard? Then do that magic thing you do where you cut them up and they’re awesome ATCs or small project pieces?

1 Like

They aren’t really great for cleaning, they were bought to disinfect surfaces at work & they are a weird texture. When they dried out, they stopped absorbing water too, super weird! Also, they stretch & distort. But sewing on them might be possible, I’ll try it!

This stiff airy foam packing material

Makes an amazing cutting matt cleaner! 10:20 in the video

3 Likes

There’s already a topic for this …

https://forum.lettucecraft.com/t/what-the-heck-can-i-do-with-this/8784

1 Like

That is awesome, thanks Cindy!
@TheMistressT, is it possible to merge them into a single topic that isn’t in the lounge so it’s visible to everybody?

1 Like

I don’t know the answer or if it is something I would have the permissions to do. @sweets4ever ?

1 Like

For reference, here’s the discussion.

I upcycled a bottle cap into this:

There are plans for another one, stay tuned…

7 Likes

Super cute!

1 Like

I have a “to do” project similar to this in design but bigger- an old drawer into a storage footrest. We’ll see if I ever get to it. Lol i was so mad when I forgot to snag the feet off my old couch before it was junked! Now it’s in time-out.

1 Like

Oh dear, I have 5 feet rescued from a sofa that I moved across 3 state lines and just added 4 from an ottoman to the stash! I do have a real, true, half-baked plan for those, though. :grimacing:

2 Likes

I think I should go to sleep (11:35 pm) … I wondered why you’d cut off and kept 5’ of your sofa :joy:

5 Likes

HA! :foot: :foot: :foot: :foot: :foot:

1 Like

Thats what I thought the first three times I read it too!

3 Likes