Where the Wild Cranes Are

Another drop, on the base of the moving statue near my work. The ”dna strand” spins slowly so the crane went round and round too.

Close up

The statue, you can kind of see the crane too.

I do have video, but I’m not sure how and where to upload it… I might be able to put it on instagram.

Oh, and this is in Gärtuna, Södertälje, Sweden.

8 Likes

Charlie helped me with my second crane drop.
Frank Melville Memorial Park, Setauket, NY

10 Likes

My husband is driving back home today and stopped in Blue Earth, MN to leave a second crane.

12 Likes

I love that crafters are enlisting friends and spouses to help spread the cranes!

6 Likes

Next drop, in order to brighten up a hospital. NÄL, Trollhättan, Sweden. (NÄL is the name of the hospital, Norra Älvsborgs Länssjukhus)

They only allow one visitor at the time in the ward but the patients and visitors can use this nook outside the ward.

14 Likes

The nook is so much more homey and welcoming than any hospital I’ve ever seen here in the States.

4 Likes

I was surprised too… This nook, and also the abundance of art on the walls that I didn’t take a photo of. There are murals and large paintings and some seriously cool art in the corridors.

4 Likes

Lakeville, MA, USA

A playground playdate presented a nice spot for a crane release. It was hoppin’ even though it was chilly. (It was 28°F but sunny and as long as you kept your mittens on you were good!)

8 Likes

My mother in law gave the Midgard serpent a new hat :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Very stylish!

The statue is on the town square in Munkedal. Sweden. Supposedly the Midgard serpent was slain in Gårvik, a fjord nearby.

11 Likes

I still need to find a good release spot for my last 2 cranes.
I was mad at myself a couple of weeks ago because I forgot to bring one to the park we were going to, but then on the way home a really bad storm blew through, so it’s probably for the best I forgot it!

5 Likes

I usually have one stuffed in the bottom of my bag. And a couple in the back seat pocket of the car.
And still walk away from awesome places cause I’m forgetful.

I’m trusting they find the place and person they are supposed to get to.

7 Likes

I’ve got one left now. My husband had a place in mind so this one is his to abandon.

3 Likes

No picture of the last abandoned art. He forgot and it was gone when he turned back, so someone really liked it…

4 Likes

With a squirrel carved from a tree at a nature center in Norwell, Massachusetts

9 Likes

Congrats! Your project was one of the best of 2021! You are awesome!

2 Likes

I abandoned a pretty cool Super Mario crane at the Tinkerbell Playground in Franklin, TN today.

8 Likes

The crane is visiting with his bird brethren, the great blue herons. Dropped off by me, AND @Abbeeroad, in Brentwood, TN.

8 Likes

It’s so nice to see blue skies and no snow. :unamused:#winterfatigue

3 Likes

I still have one more to place in LA - love this project.

1 Like

Now that it’s getting nice out again I can drop the last 2 cranes that have been chillin’ in my apartment the past few months.
Made a drop yesterday at a super dog friendly park, so Charlie was able to help again.
Dropped in Bay Shore, NY

8 Likes