COMPLETE - Winter Games Swap. Due Feb 15

I don’t have a job, so I craft a lot. I am currently an inpatient at the hospital. I didn’t bring crafting supplies with me because I didn’t want anything to get contaminated. I had surgery at 3am, so I probably wouldn’t be crafting much anyway. I’m going to use this time to stalk my partner and decide what to make :blush:

3 Likes

I hope everything is okay! Let us know if you need anything - besides positive vibes.

3 Likes

Yes, take care SBC!! So glad they were able to get your surgery in quickly, and I hope your recovery is as painless as possible!

And oooh, Smeddley! I can’t remember; have we swapped before? Very excited! <3

3 Likes

First, I am thrilled to be your partner.

Second, I hope you recover quickly from your surgery!

Third, of you need/want a nudge in a direction, I am constantly in awe of your wood-burning skills.

3 Likes

That just opened a new area that my pain addled brain did not go to. So thank you for more hours of idea searching. I’m bored out of my mind. I appreciate the nudge! :hearts:

Just a quick update: I had a massive infection. I am stuck in the hospital until my cultures finish growing. Waiting to see if it was a regular staph infection, or if it was MRSA. When they know what antibiotics to prescribe and my pain is fully managed, I can go home.

I had a two hour surgery at 3am. I will be here definitely one more night. Possibly two more. I just want to make it home before Sunday when we’re now supposed to get 8-12 inches of ice and snow.

3 Likes

Goodness. I hope you are out and crafting before the snow! Get better.

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Wow, you take care of yourself first and foremost, health and weather-wise!

3 Likes

I hope you’re doing better today, SBC! Sending lots of healing vibes your way.

2 Likes

I am feeling better. They removed a racquet ball sized wad of gauze packing this morning. The new packing isn’t nearly as big, so there’s less pressure. I should be release tomorrow when they know what antibiotic will be most effective against my strain of MRSA. I’m ready to go home.

Thank you everyone for your kind words :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Major progress happening over here!

2 Likes

Thats what I like to hear!

2 Likes

I have a few ideas. Im hoping to get out of the hospital today. Hopefully I’ll find out soon. I will let all of you know when I know.

2 Likes

I may or may not be done. Definitely no mailing just yet regardless of this status.

2 Likes

Fingers crossed that you get out of there before the storm. I hope the antibiotics are kicking in and that you are feeling better.

2 Likes

I haven’t even started brainstorming yet, but hope to finalize a plan this weekend! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can do it!

In less exciting news, I am in quarantine again as my sudden onset cold symptoms resulted in a less than exciting positive rapid Covid test. Darn omicron evading vaccines and boosters!

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear you’re sick. I hope you feel better quickly.

I am now in the hospital until Tuesday. I’ll believe Tuesday is the day I go home when it actually happens.

I think I know what I want to make, I just need to be home to be able to make it. I don’t think the hospital would be happy with the floor being turned into a craft workshop :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

I am so sorry I haven’t checked in yet, but I have officially started crafting!

Usually the first thing I do when I get home is walk the dog. :smiley:

4 Likes

I think I have an idea! And the materials! How often does that actually happen?!

The first thing I do is usually sigh really loud (it’s good for the nervous system :nerd_face: ), stretch, and refill my water bottle. Working from home really changed the routine, lol.

4 Likes

New check in question.
What’s your comfort food of choice? With the winter upon us, I have been hitting the mashed potatoes kind of hard. LOL!
@Bunny1kenobi - don’t forget to check in on the thread. You were the only one that hasn’t, but I know you have been working because I have talked to you separately. :wink:

3 Likes