Zine swap maybe?

Hahahah, thats totally ok! :smiley:

2 Likes

I’m weirdly interested in this swap even though I’ve never really “gotten” the buzz around zines :thinking:.

I voted for the this-year options just because I know myself and my intrigue for this may wane by next year, but that doesn’t necessarily mean I wouldn’t participate next year.

4 Likes

I voted any of the first three options. I’m thinking I may make a zine in October to give out with the Halloween-night candy (using some of the Inktober prompts). But for this swap, I would probably do something different.

2 Likes

I love zines and a swap would be awesome! A zine swap I participated in on the old site was one of my faves.

5 Likes

Can I change my vote? I think October won’t work for me because my swap dance card may be full. November or January would be better for me.

2 Likes

Thats fine. It looks like now that November or January is best.

2 Likes

I think we have time to make a swap in November. I have never hosted, so is there anyone willing to host, or should I give it a go?

Im thinking sign-up: 5-15 october and sendout 1st november. Does that sounds reasonable?

4 Likes

If possible, it might help me if I could send maybe a bit later, even just a week later. Of course, anyone who was done earlier could go ahead and send. I just worry I won’t be able to crank out two zines by November 1st. (I’m planning on doing something different for the zine swap than I do for Halloween.)

If you are willing to take a stab at organizing, I’d say go for it! If you’d rather not, maybe someone else would be willing…? I’m hosting (for the first time!) a swap right now, and I’d like to finish that one before I think about hosting another one. Just to make sure I get everything squared away correctly.

I’d think the zine one might be fairly easy to organize.

2 Likes

Exciting!! The time frame sounds good to me, but I wouldn’t mind shifting things by a week for Endymion. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have faith you can organize, but if you really don’t feel comfortable, I can do it. Or we could “coorganize” so you can see behind the scenes. Though I always forget/mess up something. :sweat_smile: I haven’t gotten yelled at yet though. :wink:

3 Likes

And you will have a swap mod assigned to you that you can ask questions and get help from. We won’t leave you to figure it all out yourself. Thats what we are here for!

4 Likes

@skrutt, are you willing to host? Or co-host with @Abbeeroad? Obviously, set the time frame whatever seems best to you. I’ll make it work for me; I’m super excited for this one!

2 Likes

All the painty, drawy, stampy, collagey art done 'round here lends itself to this format. Check out this scribbly video, do your stuff on a page, fold it to see where the borders will be, then you can choose images, print, etc for each new smaller page. Apparently this technique is called reverse zine but it’s the way that makes the most sense to me in terms of making a cohesive multi-page design all at once.
Here’s a print @Edel & I made this summer:

Folded. At this point you can visualize the space on each page & make design additions:

Or cut & fold it into it’s final form & embellish from there:

I’ll add to this & put it into the mail for a friend, how fun!

7 Likes

megjournals has been doing a series of zines like this. It occurred to me that it’s basically a masterboard that you fold into parts rather than cut into parts. Which is probably why it’s the kind I most identify with :laughing:.

2 Likes

Yes, of course! I will host!

Uhm, I just remembered that I wrote in the earlier post that sign-up would start yesterday. :face_with_peeking_eye: Im sorry about me missing the date!
I will start it this weekend. That way we can have the send-out date a little later. :slight_smile: So that everyone participating can have fun and no stress!

4 Likes

I’m so excited this is happening! I’m reasonably sure my 30-day period will be passed during the sign-up period, and I love making zines! (I usually do the “paint-then-fold” method.)

I was just about to plan ornaments for the small batch swap, but I’m more excited about this one, and can only do one right now, so I’m glad this is happening sooner!

5 Likes

Oooh, those look very cool, @Jazzybelle! Especially love the graphics on the “Process/Product” one and the colors on the “Tamagotchi” one. I’m curious about the content of the “Stupid Party” one…

2 Likes

So I kind of hate parties - the open-ended ones with no real activity involved except maybe drinking. It’s my strategies for trying to have fun - my favorite one is “Go find the cat!”

3 Likes

I have not forgotten, but I had to contact one of the mods of swaps, and I have sent a message, but I think different time zones makes it a little delayed.

4 Likes

Are you by any chance a Libra? Cuz I was thinking the same way. Lol

1 Like

Haha…nope. Capricorn. But I am the type of person who will stand somewhere to be out of the way and where I choose is…exactly in the way! I feel like choosing all options was in-line with that. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes