2020 Monster Jam - April Craftalong

It is a pincushion made of a mayo jar lid as the base. I embroidered him on cotton and stuffed the back a bit to give him the bumps then attached him to black felt, red felt, and then the top of the pincushion. The shadowing is done with crayon. The teeth are done in metallic yarn.

Monsters are fun to make, but they can give you the creeps when they are on the spooky side!

4 Likes

This is BRILLIANT!!! I would not have thought to use a crayon/pencil/marker! But it gives it great layering. The color is so subtle!

:heartbeat:

4 Likes

@bethntim, post your excellent monster here!

4 Likes

My Voodoo dude!

7 Likes

Is is okay to older stuff from the old site?

5 Likes

My Klumsies have just come to join the Monster Jam party!!! :smiley:

Klumsies1

11 Likes

Yes, please share old and new! All are welcome!

3 Likes

That griffin looks familiar… :wink:

I LOOOOOVE HIM!!

PS that was an awesome swap @roler

4 Likes

The Japanese monster is scary!

And the Klumsies are super cute.

4 Likes

If I ran into this guy on a dark farm, I would find him monstrous… I made this ATC for @MissingWillow I think! (Back in the day…)

9 Likes

Haha! Zombie sheep are definitely monstrous! Looks likes he caught someone off guard.

4 Likes

It’s one of my faves!

6 Likes

Sockthulhu!

12 Likes

Not seen is the invisible man…LOL!

13270_31Oct18_43698279_10215361400701807_6480842754715811840_o

11 Likes

Made for Eachother
I made this for my husband a little while ago.

13270_02Nov18_45273698_10215512504119298_4764593837781811200_o

13 Likes

I just found wool blended felt and it’s my new obsession. These are amazing. They made me squeal and inspired me so much! I’m working on something now that I can’t wait to finish and start some more!
Where these a pattern or did you make them up? So cute!

1 Like

I have a thing for the Bride, just like you. This is amazing and so sweet!

Can’t wait to see what you make! I have been purchasing only wool or wool blended felt and what a difference…so much easier to manipulate, cut, and sew…and I think the colors are richer as well…

1 Like

I splurge on wool felt from the shi-shi-la-la quilting shop downtown. It’s pricey but it is nicer to work with. Both it and craft felt can actually be needle felted, and not just to other felt, to any fabric. Cool, right? I’ve only done patches before but I may be incorporating that into a current project. We’ll see how it goes. I have some of that curly roving I want to use too, that stuff makes the BEST hair!

4 Likes

I have made a lot of monsters over the years. Here’s another one.

13 Likes