2020 Nutcracker Along! ANY media, ANY theme, ANY size!

I got him off my back! I pushed through and completed the $#@% little nutcracker yesterday. I hated it… hated it… hated it…kinda liked it…hey, it’s looking OK…wow this came out better than expected!

So here is the Lord of Misrule

I deliberately gave him an anxious expression just so he wouldn’t creep me out any more.

Apparently, I don’t fully understand how nutcrackers are supposed to look; his head looked too hunched on his shoulders, so I added a neck; it wasn’t until he was glued together and I was adding the beard that I realized his collar is between his nose and chin.

And I went overboard on the decoration. Dots! Stripes! Diamonds! Ribbons! Hair!
You know how they say to get fully dressed, then remove one accessory? Well, HE’S THE KING OF CHRISTMAS! He can wear all the accessories he wants!

7 Likes

HE’S AMAZING! I’m so glad you pushed through, @steiconi! I think that the Lord of Misrule probably ascribes to the notion that anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

2 Likes

I ABSOLUTELY adore him, @steiconi!! The colors and patterns you used are epically perfect!

2 Likes

I am going to make a few of these little guys in different colors for my December tea cabinet.

9 Likes

My goodness that is KEWT!

JUMPIN JIMINY, I FINISHED! Allow me to introduce the Indomitable Snowman!

IndomitableSnowmanFace03

This sumgun took many many hours, but only 3 purchased items. The rest was stash and on-hand! The 3 miniature projects I have posted lately are all included. Whew!

6 Likes

This is a fun craftalong! I had a bunch of vintage nutcrackers that I gave to a co-worker before I moved. I had intended to alter them at some point, but then decided that nutcrackers were not my thing…I really do love what you guys have been doing!

@kittykill…I do love the little felt one you are doing…

@bethntim Your crochet pieces are fabulous!!! The rat king is great!

1 Like

Adorable!

She looks like she’s having a holiday meltdown!
Apron, cookie disaster, bottle of booze, rubber chicken…been there, done that!

1 Like

Super cute! And all the details! Great job!

Thanks, you guys. Maybe before the end of the season, I’ll have time for some other kind of nutcracker!

I love all the details! You did such an amazing job.

1 Like

The cocktail.

1 Like

I finally finish my watercolor nutcrackers last night! I had to wait until today to take pictures because it was to dark in my apartment last night. It was so hard to wait to post these!

9 Likes

These are wonderful! Just love how you give your art such nice dimension with the whites and shadowing…the drummer one is my favorite!

1 Like

OMG! These are great @ErinAquaheart!

2 Likes

Yes, they look fabulous! They looked great even before you added the color, and now they are fantastic!

2 Likes

Those are great!

Amazing work @ErinAquaheart

Okay. I haven’t given up. I finally sawed the hat off. And I just painted the base coat. Woot-to-the-woot.

2 Likes