2021 DeStash-Along

I did a similar move with all my card stock and ink/stamps embosser and heat gun when my sister said she wanted to make her Christmas cards for 2020- that was before the covid adventure began. She is a nurse and had been working in her kids schools so had lots of time but when Covid hit she went back to her true calling of infection control and leading teams of nurses in tricky situations, so she never got to make any. I’m hoping things get back to a place where maybe we could have a nice leisurely crafternoon and make some for Christmas 2021while scandal-of-scandals-no-more sitting at the same table.

2 Likes

I made my kids some costumes for carnival (although it’s cancelled due to corona reasons) and since it was a last minute project I only used what I had in my stash.
It also goes with the February theme:
Color: red (Spiderman costume)
For: A loved one (or rather two loved ones)

13 Likes

Excellent! They look so great, please tell them I like their outfits very much indeed!

1 Like

Those costumes are fannnnnntastic!

1 Like

Wow, awesome. Both are amazing. Great Mom work. I want those abs.

1 Like

I have made 8 projects so far in my Operation Use Up Yarn project, with my latest being this Valentine’s wreath:

10 Likes

These yarn flowers are a really interesting project, great for using up ends!

I just went down a whole new rabbit hole…wow…and the simple tools used…I can see many new projects here…wow…

1 Like

Right? I was thinking of you, and of course Laura with your Operation Use Up Yarn project too of course :smile:.
Seems like a great way to make cute little accessories for all sorts of things. The end of hat ties, zipper pulls, to finish a sweater tie or put onto the point of a shawl, add fringe to make a tassel, decorate a bag, wreath, hooplah, bunting, garland, ornaments, lamp pull, like I can think of so many things to use those on!

I gave away 3 of my new Operation Use Up Yarn scarves, my hat, and 3 of the beanies from my stash today!

6 Likes

I spent January and February working on this dress. I bought the fabric a couple of years ago. I haven’t hemmed the dress yet because, while I can get it on my body and even zip & button it up, I need to lose some weight for it to really sit right. I’ll hem it and do a proper post then. But I wanted to show that I destashed something!

11 Likes

And then there were 6 Pumpkin Bears!

10 Likes

Love those sleeves.

1 Like

Wow, your dress looks incredible!

1 Like

February: I did a Bat Creature for the House spouse. I was able to get her away from him long enough to take some pictures of her.

12 Likes

Oh, so creepy cute. This makes me like bats!

1 Like

Wonderful!!

1 Like

As a nature conservationist, my job is done then. Mission Accomplished!

1 Like

Those eyes are amazing!

1 Like

It’s actually the only thing he picked, he had no idea what I was doing, he said they remind him of my eyes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes