2021 DeStash-Along

I actually just kind of cut and sew as I went along, I learned ALOT of what not to do for February lol.

2 Likes

My first de-stashing of the year! I’ve wanted to get rid of my weird odds n’ ends yarn collection and this busted 4 skeins! Two baby blankets that I will give to charity. The peachy/tan yarn I bought years ago to make a sweater, but I didn’t like the way the variegation showed up in the sweater, so I ripped it out and it has been sitting in my bin annoying me ever since.

The brown border yarn I think was actually part of a UFO project that I ended up not liking (a brown cardigan). I knitted all the pieces, but hadn’t sewn them together yet or done the button placket. It wasn’t until I was going to bed last night that I remembered why I still had that skein of brown chunky yarn. Whoops. I guess the sweater will just have a contrast button placket (if I ever get around to finishing it).

7 Likes

Annnnnd now I have a new fear: destashing WIP materials! ACK! :rofl: :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

lol Yes, let this be a lesson to all of you!

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I found yarn for a stripy project for me when stash diving for mending yarn. I didn’t remember I put those skeins in that box… I cast on, but will have to rip it up since the number of stitches were way off… Oh, well, part of the process! And it makes the yarn last longer.

2 Likes

Six new thank you notes out of all stash! The card blanks are probably at least 5 years old! Some of the circles used the last weird shapes of cardstock! Ditto for some of the bees!

10 Likes

Aww he’s great. I love his earring and he’s so little. Looking forward to what you come up with for February.

1 Like

That baby yeti is too cute, @Sceven!

I used up about 26 oz of stash yarn to make a cardigan for myself. I did buy the buttons, though.

9 Likes

That sweater looks so comfy!

1 Like

Thank you! It really is.

I love those bee ones! I’m from Utah, so they are sort of our thing <3

1 Like

I’ve rummaged in my stash today and this is what I’ve found: A fall felt display. Obviously I cut out all the pieces and then put it away… years ago I guess. Well, it’s still some time to finish it before fall :rofl:

8 Likes

And it’s already cut! (Now!). Great stuff!

2 Likes

I actually accomplished an all stash project! And some of it used up some stuff. This door pocket storage thingie used fabric, mesh, handmade and store bought bias tape, stabilizer, and eyelets. WOOHOO!

13 Likes

Would anybody like these? They are destined for the donation bin…

They have all the stuffs needed to make them. I’ll just never make them myself.

Oh, I hope someone claims them, @Magpie !

Me too!
Anybody want this kit? It has supplies for Rudolph & Santa but patterns for every character.

Lol sorry the photo is upside down!

3 Likes

February Themes

valentine day 11 by Abbey Hendrickson, on Flickr

Color: Red
Pattern: polka-dots
For: A loved one, BFF, or your significant other.
Challenge: Concentrate on the material that makes up the largest portion your stash (by numbers or volume, it’s up to you). Perhaps you can make a dent in it this month.

8 Likes

oh…I destashed my striped linen in January…made kitchen towels!

hmmm…reducing what I have most of…that would be fabric for me!

1 Like