2022 Destash-Along

That IS a neat trick! Haha

I decided to hold the yarns for now. I’m almost done with my long-term stripey blanket so maybe I will move in some quick turn around projects for a little “instant” stash busting gratification.

2 Likes

I did a variation of ”use the good stuff” around this time last year. My mom was between projects so I picked through my stash. I had a kit with pattern and yarn (and the right cirkular needle too I think) from a Swedish indie dyer. One of a kind, yarn base I love, pattern looked enjoyable… However. It would take me ages to start it, the colour was perfect for mom, and I needed a birthday present for her. So I wrapped it up for her.

She had so much fun making it, uses the shawl a lot, and it looks great on her. I’ve played with other stash yarns, and new yarns so ai haven’t missed it. No regrets!

4 Likes

Maybe this is silly or unhelpful, but whenever I go to peruse my stash these days, I replay the Home Alone 2 rollerblades/hearts conversation in my head!

Bird Lady: I’m just afraid if I do trust someone, I’ll get my heart broken.
Kevin: I understand. I had a nice pair of rollerblades. I was afraid to wreck them, so I kept them in a box. Do you know what happened? I outgrew them. I never wore them outside. Only in my room a few times.
Bird Lady: A person’s heart and feelings are very different than skates.
Kevin: They’re kind of the same thing. If you won’t use your heart, who cares if it gets broken? If you just keep it to yourself, maybe it’ll be like my rollerblades. When you do decide to try it, it won’t be any good. You should take a chance. Got nothing to lose.

I tell myself that loving that fabric/bead/paint/whatever means I SHOULD use it, and the sooner the better. Who cares if it’s the most perfect thing ever if it’s just getting stuffed in a drawer? Even an imperfect craft does it more justice than that.

Hope you and your family are feeling better!

13 Likes

Most of the craft supplies are still packed (boo!) but I did manage to dig out some sewing supplies and made a few travel tissue holders. It’s a stupid little thing but I basically hate travel tissue packet designs. And they always pop open and/or get gross in my purse.

The pocket on the outside goes all the way around and is perfect for sanitizer/lip balm/bandaids/etc.

11 Likes

That’s genius to have the outer pocket, great idea!

1 Like

My April entry! (Also posted in the stitch along)

“Skagit Valley Stormy Spring”

This was a totally for fun, no rules, fooling around, whatever-happens-happens, 100% made from stash, project! And it has yellow!

Just north of where I live is the Skagit Valley. Along with being a hugely important area in West Coast bird migration, it’s also home to many, many bulb farms. It’s famous for the tulip festival every spring, but I actually appreciate the earlier daffodils even more. Just beyond the daffodils, when you stand with your back to Puget Sound, are the foothills of Cascade Mountain range. It is a photographer’s paradise - mountains, incredible skies, birds of all kinds - including flocks of thousands & thousands of huge Trumpeter & Tundra Swans.

So I started thinking about doing a mixed media version of one of my photos, and photos from local photographers I liked. I stitched everything together, no glue etc.

Everything is from stash! The background/stormy sky is dark blue tulle. The mountains/foothills are denim bits i was using to make a quilt. The daffodil rows and green leaves are felt, leftover from swap projects. The birds are from scrap paper from a used up sketch pad. The Moon you see in some photos is my needle-minder, and is not part of the project! Lol

Full post: Skagit Valley Stormy Spring - Inspired-along challenge 2022 Entry

10 Likes

This is SOOOO COOOOOL!

1 Like

I just found this thread!

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Really inspiring. I love it.

Much destashing! I’ve had those felt mushroom cutouts for YEARS, lol.

Positivity TM patches

More positivity TM patches

Positivity Mushroom Magnets

9 Likes

HELLO DE-STASHERS! May prompts are herrrrrrre! Also listed in the second post in this topic. WOO!

May
Color: Pink
Pattern: Ombre/Fades
For: Transitions
Challenge: Think literal, metaphorical, and even metaphysical transitions. Doors, porches, & balconies, hallways, foyers, porticoes, etc. Cars, trains, buses, bikes, skates, your own two feet. New class, new job, new house, new role. New life phases or outlooks even. Also, the old versions of all of those things.

5 Likes

Last day of sign ups for the make a pouch & fill it swap! It’s going to be a terrific stash buster for me, I have so much rando goodness I’m inspired to use for this!

3 Likes

They were old stash when I posted about them March 2020

Then I found them again this March

I think they are finally used up now, whew!

16 Likes

I love all these projects! Working from my fabric stash is so much fun, but I have been neglecting it lately. You guys are inspiring me to dive back in!

2 Likes

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

3 Likes

Done!

1 Like

I managed a couple of stashy projects lately. The mirror for this as well as the various spray paints used in distressing came from stash. I suppose the book covers might be considered stash, too

BookCovers02

The flower sack towels and two of the four HTV for these towels were stash.

6 Likes

Those are great, even though you had to buy more to make the one…ha ha ha…at least you used up some stash!

I am only working from stash, mostly sewing projects. I hope to get to the point this year where I am only buying for a current project…yeah…one can dream, right? :rofl:

4 Likes

I am finding myself being more easily able to stick to this policy for fabric and paper lately. I can’t commit to 100%, but I keep catching myself before the actual purchase!

4 Likes