2023 Charity Hats

Here are the (37) hats I knitted throughout 2023 to be given to the residents of one of the low-income assisted living facilities in my neighborhood. I usually complete approximately 50 in a year’s time, but I had a few time consuming projects that took away from these.
Patterns used were:(one of these is no longer available, but I have hard copies that I can scan and send to you if you need it)

21 Likes

These look so warm and cozy! You’ve made a great selection of colors so people can find a hat that suits their tastes, too.

2 Likes

Wow! What a great job you have done! Love all the pompoms!

2 Likes

Awesome job! Great selection and great for your community.

2 Likes

This is such a sweet thing to do. Awe. The hats are lovely and look soft and cozy.

3 Likes

@TheMistressT All the yarn came from stash. In addition to the random purchases I have made over the years, my MIL gives me her leftovers. I call those hats my “deluxe” scrappies.
@skrutt If I have enough yarn, I always try to include a pompon. I feel like you can’t help but smile when you see one.
@MistressJennie @gozer Thanks so much. Our neighborhood is revitalizing, which is great for some, but also distressing for other older residents who are becoming unable to afford to live here. I just want them to know that they are valued and appreciated.

7 Likes

We need more thoughtful people like you in the world! This is one of the many reasons I love this corner of the internet.

The hats are beautiful!

2 Likes

That’s a great bunch of hats, and a beautiful thing to do for people. I hope it helps keep them warm and to know that somebody cares.

2 Likes

They are so beautiful! (Those stripey ones are especially fun.) What a lovely thing to do.

1 Like

An impressive and beautiful output for a group which has so many needs.

1 Like

I like that you included a variety of patterns and yarn. They look lovely and warm. Love the pom poms too.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the love towards me and my project. When I dropped them off this morning, the director said that the residents would be very excited to get some new hats. Most of the residents of this particular building walk to one of the local grocery store nearby. I’ll be pleased as punch if I see one or more of them wearing my hats when I’m driving past. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

So, so awesome. You’re a local hero!

1 Like

fantastic!
so many warm heads bec of your generosity! :heart:
neat pattern,too

1 Like

There are many pom poms in Heaven adorned with beautiful gems just for you.
I love your heart and compassion.

1 Like

Usually 50!?! Wow. Amazing talent & generosity. Beautiful work.

1 Like

The patterns I use knit up really quick, like just 2 or 3 hours per hat. And I don’t usually have too many other projects going, so I can crank these out when I get going.

1 Like