2023 DeStash-Along

It’s more of a dark red/rust color. Every yarn in this was a single ball/skein. There is a small dent now in the tub.
Next is a kitten bed, we are hoping to get a pregnant mama cat to foster soon.

3 Likes

Well I like that colour a lot too!

Guys, my gran made this for my little sis’:

@AIMR check out the joins

My daughter decided she doesn’t want to have it anymore. Her friend was over & liked it so it’s gone to a new home. Share the gramma vibes with the youth!

16 Likes

Beautiful! The crafting genes carry on!!

1 Like

Oh yes, she is my origin story in every way.

1 Like

I used up the last of a big bucket of drywall mud! It took up so much space in storage. WOO!

9 Likes

Ooo grandma afghans. I had one from my grandma, brown/tan/gold zigzags. hatted the thing. Lost it along the way. This one is beautiful and a classic. I’m glad it found a loving home.

And If you are wondering what to do with your stash, look at this.

3 Likes

Here’s another very cute bunny bag tutorial video. This one takes a bit more fabric but my daughter just gave me a stack of those colourful bandanas in every shade of the rainbow that I think would make nice reversable bunnies. I think I’ll sew some up to go with the carrot pouches I’ve been making. We aren’t religious but do use the stat holiday to have dinner with family and even though they aren’t so young anymore, they still love treats & candy!

3 Likes

March

Imgur

Color: Yellow
Pattern: Botanicals, inspired by growing things
For: Your home - inside, outside, work areas or cozy places, functional or decorative. Make something to use around the house.
Challenge: Do you have a signature craft technique or item that you are known for? Show it off to the rest of us! Share some of the background of why this is your go-to project/supply/skill.

6 Likes

Oh! I just did a yellow!

I think it ticks all the boxes for March:
Yellow :heavy_check_mark:
For around the house✔️
Signature craft: yarn :heavy_check_mark:
The only thing that’s bit of a stretch is botanical/growing things, but it’s part of a nesting basket set that’s “Earth Day” themed (it represents the sun) so a little “botany adjacent” maybe lol

4 Likes

You nailed it on the first day!

3 Likes

it started small and grew. :heavy_check_mark:

3 Likes

Am I the only one laughing like a teenage boy? :rofl:

1 Like

Apron pattern is in the mail! Hopefully it arrives quickly, sending to Oz has taken the longest time lately.

1 Like

I finally took pictures of a bunch of projects I made in February to destash - it made a huge dent in my stash!

I found a great charity called Knit the Rainbow which collects yarnie winter accessories and garments to give to unhoused LGBTQ+ youth in New York City.

It gave me the opportunity to make a bunch of scarflettes, hats, and earwarmers out of my heavier weight yarns of which I don’t have a ton to make bigger projects so this was perfect.

Here’s what one of the scarflettes looks like when worn; it’s the Sadie Scarflette pattern.

Falmouth Super Bulky hat

This picture doesn’t do justice to the Barley hat; it has a cool garter section that gives it some texture variation that I did a horrible job capturing. Also super easy to knit.

The Stare hat - I was planning this for a friend but it ended up too small.

This is not a new knit but I cannibalized a sweater I knit last year and sewed the colorwork portion into a cowl, lining it with some leftover fleece I had.

Now working on a super scrappy project that required more scraps that I actually have lol. So had to bring in more new-to me yarn, but least I didn’t buy any! (yet).

Here’s what I’m working with hahaha

11 Likes

100% stash St Paddy’s cards! WOO! I even alllllmost bought some green for the shamrocks, but put it back.

8 Likes

Amazing collection of knitwear!

2 Likes

I love the stare hat! :cat:

1 Like

Using up some Lilly sugar n creme cotton. Made up 6 wee baskets (2 sets of 3). The Christmas ones used up all the small balls I had wasting their potential in apothecary jars. I’ve decided they all need using up so whatever isn’t used up in the baskets was added to this ongoing scrappy dish cloth. It will probably end up an eyesore, but then I wont mind using it on especially adventurous pots and pans.

I’m planning an embellishment for the big cream-colored basket, probably a button or something.

11 Likes

Wonderful! I love the washcloth you sent me, it’s so squishy & stretchy & awesome. It’s in my studio because kids ruin things :roll_eyes:. I think we’ll take it to the camper to be with Jenn’s lovely dishcloths. Then I can use it while keeping it safe from the destructobots.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not sure what use they’ll be put to, but they’re a little addicting to make so at least they were entertaining.

Edit to add:

I’m drinking coffee and pouring over my hard copy patterns and books looking for things to work up the in-house yarns. I’m starting to see the benefits of always starting with a pattern and THEN acquiring the yarns. Sometimes I love the pantry aspect of my stash, but more often than not I have a really hard time finding the right way to use something bought on a whim.

2 Likes