2024 crochet temp blanket (in progress)

I am working on a temperature blanket this year & hoping posting here will help me stay on it.
I am using leftover yarn for as much as i am able. I live in Wisconsin USA, which has had the warmest winter in history this year.
I am doing a square a month, one round a day, using the moss stitch. extra days & joins will be in white

This is my assigned yarn to temperature

January block (not blocked yet)

16 Likes

What a cool project!

1 Like

Neat! I like the variation of a block instead of a row. Can’t wait to see the whole thing!

2 Likes

This will be so pretty and colorful! And a block a month…, I like this idea.

1 Like

Great idea for doing rounds rather than lines.

I’m looking forward to watching your progress. If you need encouragement (or a little, gentle shove) let me know, I seem to have developed a reputation for that around here :smiley:

3 Likes

Very cool! Looks like you had some cold days in Jan!

1 Like

Brrr! You had some pretty cold days in January. I am really looking forward to watching this come together. Your first block looks great and I love the way you’re going about this blanket with individual blocks for each month!

1 Like

It’s funny you say how cold it was. This year has been exceptionally warm with a couple really cold days. On average January weather here in Wisconsin is 9-26 degrees Fahrenheit, with a few dipsnin the negatives. So I expected a lot more orange, greens, & yellows than I got. February is seeming even warmer than average as well so far.

1 Like

i just finished February’s this morning. i went with today’s forcasted temperature

The 74 to 20 degree swing was a bit of a surprise this week

4 Likes

Awesome block!

1 Like

The new block is so different from last month! How do you decide what temp to use for each day? The high, the low, something in between?

1 Like

I can’t wait to see it all completed! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

What a fun project. It was 72 in Michigan earlier this week and the next day it dropped to 26. I can only imagine the color changes there!

I can’t wait to see the finished blanket. The stitches are gorgeous.

1 Like

Whew, the drastic temp swings sure make for a more visually interesting blanket. I love how the color combos are working together.

1 Like

i’ve done the high everyday so far. i did tell myself that if i had more than 4 days in a row that were the same I’d consider using the low, but that has never worked so far, because every time i hit 4 days in a row the low was still in the same 10 degree range.

1 Like

I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Now I wonder what my city would look like! I’ll have to search. I’m sure someone has done one for us in the land of cacti. :laughing:

1 Like