3 Ingredient Cake Pops

I have a sister who is very talented at baking and making tasty food. Everybody loves her cake pops and now you can too :wink:. I made these the other day for my husband’s birthday.

To make these cake pops, you need three things:

1. 8 oz brick of cream cheese
  2. 14.3 oz bag of ORIGINAL Oreos (my sister has tried the extra stuffed Oreos and has found that the regular ones work best)
  3. Melting chocolate/candy melts
  4. Optional - Sprinkles/dusting sugar/edible accents
  5. Optional - Treat sticks

Empty all the Oreos into a food processor and pulverize them into dust. Add the cream cheese to the food processor and mix thoroughly. Remove the food processor blade and scrape off any of the mixture back into the food processor bowl.

Next, you’re going to roll the mixture into cake pop sized balls. Mine were about 2” round, which yielded 12 cake pops. Place the balls on a parchment paper/foil lined cookie sheet (it’s not necessary to line the cookie sheet, but it does make for easy cleanup). By the time you get to the last ball, the mixture will probably be pretty soft. We need the mixture firm for the next step, so put the balls in the freezer for about ten minutes (you can put the mixture in the freezer for up to ten minutes any time you’re having difficulty with it being too soft).

• When I made these for my husband’s birthday, I knew I wasn’t going to finish them for at least an hour after forming the balls, so I put them into the fridge to keep them cool for the longer period of time. •

While the cake balls are cooling, melt down your chocolate or candy melts according to the package instructions. I get Wilton candy melts and Ghiradelli chocolate melts from Joann’s. They’re also available at Walmart and other craft stores. I like melting the chocolate into a coffee mug, it seems easier to dip the cake pops. Once you have your chocolate/candy melts melted and your cake balls are firm, it’s time to dip the cake pops.

If you have treat sticks, dip the tip into your melted chocolate and insert it into your cake ball. Let the chocolate dry, therefore securing the ball to the stick. Next, dip the balls and cover them with the melted chocolate. I then placed them into mini cupcake wrappers to dry. Once the chocolate was dry, I drizzled on a small bit of chocolate and added sprinkles.

In the past, I’ve also stood up the just dipped cake pops into piece of styrofoam And allowed them to dry. This gives the full ‘cake pop,’ effect and once the styrofoam is covered with paper and ribbon, it also provides a nice standing display (unfortunately, I don’t have pictures of that).

If you don’t have the treat sticks, you can still make ‘cake pop truffles.’ I’ve done this in the past as well, but was surprised to find that they did not look like the professionally made chocolates I was expecting. They looked more like chocolate lumps, lol.

Your cake pops are now ready to be shared and devoured. Enjoy!

8 Likes

What a fabulous treat!

2 Likes

Sounds really decadent and mmmm so yum!

2 Likes

Yummmm! My family would love these!

2 Likes

I love the mini cupcake liners!

2 Likes

I love cake balls! Thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Nice! What a delish treat!