38. Lives alone. Has 3 cats. Merit badge

I decided to make an Impractical Jokers themed merit badge for the July stitchalong because my family and I have become quite addicted to the tv show and relax watching it. One of the jokers, Q, has a tattoo that says: 38. Lives alone. Has 3 cats. This tattoo was part of a show punishment and was chosen by another of the jokers.

Anyway, while I am not a tattoo person myself, it makes an awesome merit badge, so I stitched it up for my offering this month. It’s slightly different from Q’s because I didn’t have white transfer paper so I drew it with white gel pen then embroidered.

I did a rope like stitch around the circle, then penned felt to the back and did a backstitch around the other stitch to connect the black felt to the fabric.

12 Likes

To survive in spite of all odds for 38 years, to be independently supporting oneself on one’s own path, and to have the privilege and capacity to care for another living being (or 3)…damn right that calls for a merit badge rather than something to be embarrassed about.

9 Likes

Oh this is hilarious! I love Impractical Jokers!

1 Like

Nice stitching! What a fun patch.

1 Like

Ha ha emoji. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Thank you so much for saying that :heart: I needed to hear that today. I know it rationally but sometimes I still struggle with those kind of thoughts because everyone else seems to think there’s something wrong with me.

3 Likes

This cracks me up!

2 Likes