4x6 Art Swap - R3 Gallery

Yay! I am glad it made it to you. I hope you like it. I had fun painting for this round. I normally draw so I was edging out of my comfort zone.

4 Likes

You need to break out of your comfort zone…it is stunning…

I bought some black paper and canvases and have not yet figured out what I want to paint…you have inspired me to try some fish or undersea things…here goes!

3 Likes

Oooh! I want to see when you are finished!

2 Likes

I received my artwork from @pioneer9!! Completely adorable giraffe, and she also sent the cutest panda ATC - I love them both!

You can’t see in the photo, but the giraffe background has metallic stripes, it looks so vibrant :sparkles:

9 Likes

@Magpie, another amazing background!
@jemimah, that color palette is :heart_eyes:, and I love the white outlining. And the stamping on the sentiment. In conclusion, wow.
@gozer, you know I love these fish.
@pioneer9, that giraffe is so adooorable.

6 Likes

@pioneer9 you know I love that giraffe! That is the cutest. Oops, sorry panda, I mean the cutest giraffe. You are also the cutest. Panda, the cutest panda :smile:

I posted an easy masterboard tutorial, all 3 of the 4X6 pieces I sent were made from them. I don’t think the last one got posted here but it’s at the end of the tutorial, I wove strips with fabric and sewed around the edge. It was fun!

3 Likes

guess I’ll add this last piece I sent out, it’s strips of masterboard woven with torn strips of fabric and sewn round the edge. This was a fun one to make, I wasn’t sure how it would turn out but I do like the little glimpses of pattern and colour between the black fabric squares with the raggedy edge.

7 Likes

That looks so good @Magpie! It has so much movement in it with the varying widths of the strips and the torn texture - cool piece!!

1 Like

Wow, there is so much to look at here! I could spend hours mesmerized by it!

1 Like

I received my beautiful artwork from @Reinikka!! German stamps with vintage bicycles, wonderful masterboard collage pieces, and 3D! It’s fabulous, thank you so much!

5 Likes

Very cool and very different! I really like it a lot!

1 Like

OHmagash, the BIKES! Whoo, that is so terrific and spring-like, I am ready to get on my bike!

I had the biggest happy mail today :grinning::grinning: thank you to my lovely wonderful swap partners.

First up I received a @Kwality570 monster! My first one :star_struck: Everyone please meet Sherman in the snow :raised_hands:t2:

And from @Lynx one of her amazing photo cards with a watercolour Machu Picchu Masterpiece! :heart_eyes:

Close up of just the artwork

And here is a photo of all of my art together, I love this swap! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Please mark me as completely received @geekgirl

…I’m kind of freaking out that none of mine have been received since it’s been 5.5 weeks since I posted them :persevere:

7 Likes

Oh, I’m so glad that mine finally arrived! That was so slow! Hopefully your pieces start arriving soon!

Sherman is just wonderful!

1 Like

Those are all so fab! And what an array of subject matter & talent, wow.

I wouldn’t worry about yours, you still haven’t received a Xmas card I sent you! The mail is slow, they’ll arrive soon I think :).

What a variety you got in this swap! I am so glad they all arrived safely…I am sure yours is stuck in one of our distribution sites…they are slowly getting the mail from overseas out!

1 Like

I got mine yesterday! Actually, now that I am writing it. I must have gotten it on Saturday after I checked the mail… Anyways, I pulled it out of my mailbox yesterday.
Thank you so much. It’s so colorful and energetic for Spring! You cut out the people so cleanly too.

5 Likes

Oh that is FUN! And check the arms and thighs on WW, woo, buff!

That’s some fabulous mail!!

@Kwality570 Sherman is too adorable! Awww :heart: and the colours are fabulous!

Wow @Lynx, wonderful work on Machu Picchu! You got some great depth in the landscape, and excellent clouds too!

@PrincessP the superhero piece is brilliant! I love the bright vintage vibe! Pow! Zap!

3 Likes

@Kwality570 - I love your monster. He looks so cute and like he isn’t sure what he is supposed to be doing. LOL! Your colors and depth are amazing.

@Lynx - the watercolor is pretty. It turned out really well.