4x6 Art Swap - R3 Gallery

@LuckyXIIICreations the Gelli plate is such a cool effect! I’d love to try that one day, it looks fun!

@Lynx The leafy texture is so neat and lettuce-y! and your bird photography is brilliant :bird:

@geekgirl I love all the layers and texture in your wonderful piece - the white highlights work so well!

@gozer your fish is gorgeous! so delicate :fish:

3 Likes

I received my one and only artwork today made my our awesome host @geekgirl! I’m drooling over all these textures and random details. It’s the kind of art your just want to touch.

And I love the sentiment “Let your inner artist out”

It’s lovely and beautiful! Thank you @geekgirl! And thanks for hosting!

12 Likes

@geekgirl you have such mastery of colors, layering, and texture. The white lines look like stitches.

@gozer your Beta is stunning, particularly on the black. Well done!

4 Likes

Does anyone remember “Craftster crushes”? I vaguely remember it being a thing… Well, I think it’s time to confess that @geekgirl is my current crush! lol :sweat_smile: I drool over everything you make!!! I’m swooning over all the textures that I can’t touch! Aaaah!!! :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Awww you’re so sweet @Reinikka! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I have 2 of my pieces so far

From @megwell - I like your strips of decorative paper going across the piece and how the lady looks like she is coming out of it.

@LuckyXIIICreations - love how you did the gold and white gel pen doodling!

Thanks you guys!

9 Likes

I received from two of my partners… Their work can probably be identified without my saying who it’s by, but I will anyway :slight_smile:

From Lynx2Lancer, a lovely mixed media abstract (inside one of the fab bird cards):

And from Kwality570, here’s Merle the monster:

Thank you both so much! Both pieces are lovely and bright and really made my day!

10 Likes

Hooray, glad you like it! Those purpley strips were a late addition – it needed something else but I couldn’t decide what – and I think they really helped.

Great additions from @geekgirl, @LuckyXIIICreations, @Lynx, and @Kwality570! I need to come up with something less repetitive than “so much variety!”, but seriously, that’s hands down my favorite thing about this swap every time.

3 Likes

Another awesome textured piece from @geekgirl! love the copper and verdigris colours!

@megwell the strips of text and purple work really well, and the angles and torn edges give your piece so much movement!

@LuckyXIIICreations is that another gelli print? You create wonderful colours and depths with that layered effect!

That collage piece is so cool @Lynx! The various oranges are so vibrant, and the bits of green give it extra oomph!

Merle is awesome @Kwality570! He looks like he should be hosting a monster game show - so much charisma!

2 Likes

Yes it is! I have a bunch made up so decided to actually start using them. :smile_cat:

3 Likes

I received from @pioneer9!

It’s sooo cuuute!!! I love it. The heart came off in transport and I haven’t taken a close look to figure out where it goes yet, but I will.

She also sent a bonus ATC:

Thanks so much!

8 Likes

Thank you @LuckyXIIICreations, this is lovely. Your gelli prints & masterboards? Awesome stuff, such good line work too. And also a button! I love buttons :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Whoops! I had it kind of front and center on his chest. It was a last minute addition and I think my glue stick was on its last legs at that point…

2 Likes

Yay, glad to know it made it and that you like it. :smile_cat:

2 Likes

@geekgirl As always, I love your work!

@megwell What a fun piece!

@kwality570 Merle is quite the happy guy! Hello to you too, sir!

@pioneer9 I love your happy Llama hopefully no drama! The bonus atc is really wonderful!

@LuckyXIIICreations I really love the piece you sent magpie! The layering of the flower is just gorgeous. The doodling on the piece you sent geekgirl is really fun, too!

I think I’m caught up on commenting now.

3 Likes

lol I am just going to comment “what she said :point_up:

3 Likes

I’ll allow it. :heart:

1 Like

I received this gorgeous little watercolor from @Whistlefish. It is so gorgeous!!!

I got this bonus ATC too!

Thank you so much. I’m so amazed by these beauties. :grinning:

14 Likes

I had to look closer because that starfish looks like it pops off the page! Yet more beautiful watercolor pieces from @whistlefish!

2 Likes

I genuinely thought it was a separate attached piece until you said that :exploding_head:! Amazing.

2 Likes