4x6 Art Swap - R3 Gallery

I did too!

2 Likes

@megwell @Lynx Thank you both! That’s my favorite little part! It means a lot that you said that because I tried real hard to do good shading!

Here’s a close up of the little cutie:

@Kwality570 I’m glad you liked it!! I’m working on your other swap item right now. Must. Keep. Working. :laughing:

14 Likes

The water is blowing me away! It looks as though there is epoxy or something on top…did you create this all out of watercolours or is there some other Ravenclaw wizardry going on here??

3 Likes

Lol! It’s wizardry, for sure. :laughing: No, not really… just loads of muggle patience doing things the hard way.

It’s all watercolor. I followed a YouTube tutorial for this one and all the little “pieces” of the water took forever. You put a light wash all over it to blend it but I accidentally used the wrong kind of brush and it took away some of the detail but I learned for next time!

5 Likes

Sorry I haven’t been commenting on here. I have been sick, but I am getting better now.
I received the most beautiful artwork from @WiccadWitch. I absolutely LOVE this piece of art. I can’t tell you how much. She is absolutely perfect. I am framing her and she is going on my wall! I am so happy I did this swap! Thank you so much! This picture doesn’t do it justice.

16 Likes

Oh my gosh, this art! I always love the 4X6 galleries, the variety of styles and mediums is amazing.
Kwality, I made you that bag in your photo! LOL.

4 Likes

My goodness this is gorgeous! The hair is timelessly beautiful, the background is spectacular. @WiccadWitch Wow!

2 Likes

This is so, so beautiful. I’m in awe!

(And I’m also super excited because I have an ATC on the way from @WiccadWitch and now I’m even more excited for it to come!)

2 Likes

@geekgirl is a masterful artist in any size but the 4X6 is juuuust right for highlighting her Supreme talent. Look at this layery texturey gelli printed stencily gloriousness!

6 Likes

WOW, @WiccadWitch! Just, holy cow.

And another great entry, @geekgirl. I really like the colors here.

2 Likes

Wow, guys, this gallery is so fab!!

@pioneer9 the llama is adorable! such a sweet face! :llama:

@LuckyXIIICreations another beautiful combination of layering and colour!

@Whistlefish your watercolour is just spectacular! wonderful depth and colour and shading - magical!

@WiccadWitch your picture is so delicate and ethereal! fabulous linework!

@geekgirl I love this ART piece, it makes me happy to look at it!

2 Likes

I received a beautiful, textural, colorful, swoooooon worthy, 4x6 piece from @Magpie :heart_eyes:

Thank you @Magpie!!! I went on and on about it in the letter I wrote you! lol :smile: I love it!!!

10 Likes

Is that texture layers I am seeing? It is beautiful!

2 Likes

Yes! And there’s a good chance I have spent some time “petting” it… lol :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

wow–that is beautiful…and it looks very labor intensive…like scales…rainbow style

2 Likes

I am SO happy it arrived and you like it! Those were the ittiest bittiest scrappy leavings from a recent masterboard session, the pages I cut into hearts for happy mail cards. Even the teeny garbage left over is so intriguing to look at, I had to do something with it all. I used up almost every bit, here’s the shred I finally considered small enough to go into the recycle bin, haha

3 Likes

You are a master of using the tiniest pieces to make something beautiful…you have done it with fabric, fleece, and now paper…I am in awe of this talent of yours!

2 Likes

That is seriously something coming from you! I think we will all agree you are the Queen of Scraps! :heartpulse:

That’s gorgeous @Magpie! I want to reach through the screen and touch it! :rainbow: :pinching_hand:

3 Likes

Don’t pet it too much, some of the scales are cut in rows but many, many of them are individual and quite small. They’re layered onto a double sided carpet tape so they should stick but still, no wiggling them free or it’ll turn into a gap-toothed 4X6, ha!

4 Likes