4x6 Swap - Round 8 Gallery - January 2024

Don’t worry about it! Stay safe, and I hope the snow gives you a chance to hunker down and rest a little.

Glad everyone likes Irwin. Thank you for the kind words.

@gozer, that is an adorable cat, and the flowered background is perfection!

3 Likes

I received from @photojenn today!! Ah! I love it!!

A misty forest scene in watercolors! :black_heart:

It reminds me of the Adirondacks and Endor. Such moody vibes.

Jenn sent in a card decorated with a scan of her artwork from @jemimah’s watercolor class:

Thank you so much Jenn!

16 Likes

Love both of those - great work @photojenn!

1 Like

This gallery is always a fave, such great works! I am loving everything so far.

2 Likes

@photojenn why did your piece give you swap anxiety? Now I’m having it because you had it over that marvellous work of art!

3 Likes

I just received from @Abbeeroad! She sent her artwork in a card that is equally as beautiful! In case you can’t tell which is which, the artwork is the black flower. So pretty. Love that shade of purple.

and I took an extra shot to show the shimmer on the card. The gold is a metallic gold.

Both are magnificent! Thank you so much for swapping with me!!!

It looks like the mail should start pouring in now. Can’t wait for the gallery to fill up!

14 Likes

Wow! Those are so bright and beautiful! Just so beautiful.

And @photojenn, I love your misty forest, too!

Getting anxious for my USA card to arrive. I sent just over a week ago!

2 Likes

@photojenn the misty forest is so pretty! Love the sense of distance!

@Abbeeroad such gorgeous florals, love your colour combos!

2 Likes

Yay!! My art pieces ended up being simpler than I was comfortable with when I found out who I was sending to (real artists!!), so I amped up the art with the card. :laughing:

3 Likes

Received a lovely jellyfish from @jeanneleigh today, as well as an adorable little friend :slight_smile: Thank you!

12 Likes

So pretty! Love all those squiggly tentacles!

1 Like

I also received from @photojenn today! She sent me this lovely shoreline. I love it! I really like the coloring of the sky!

She also sent a card with a piece from @jemimah’s class!

Thanks Jenn!

11 Likes

@pioneer9 Irwin is super cute!

@gozer The cat is adorable!

@Abbeeroad I really like how the little bits of color really make the flower pop!

@photojenn Beautiful!

@jeanneleigh What a fun jellyfish! I love how it’s composed of a single color!

5 Likes

Ooh @photojenn what a lovely piece of shoreline!

1 Like

I will comment on the art tomorrow, but in the meantime, here are the three gorgeous pieces I received (in no particular order):

Cute Cottage and card from @photojenn
I love the colors and the pops of white. It’s so pretty!!!

Gorgeous Lady by @Tapestry
She looks so regal and I love her face!

Adorable Yeti by @pioneer9
Oh how I want to squish those adorable cheeks and boop that nose! It’s so great!

16 Likes

The gallery exploded! I adore all the art so far! @photojenn your cottage is gorgeous! Love, love, love @Abbeeroad’s florals as well and @pioneer9’s fun, quirky chatacters!

I received my first piece today from @geekgirl! I love the colors and cute mushrooms!

12 Likes

So neat to see all the different styles and subject matter!
@photojenn - love the shore scene, the cottage, and the bird cards! Great depth in the landscapes.
@Tapestry - great color palette in the lady’s piece - she looks very confident
@pioneer9 - the cutest dang yeti! I love how you portrayed the sweater stitching.
@geekgirl - very magical looking mushrooms! Are those fairy lights around them?

Can’t wait to see what gets posted next!

3 Likes

I’m next! Look at this really cool piece from.@tapestry. She used thick tape to make the girl pop out!

Thanks so much! What a neat style!

9 Likes

Everything is so great!

Loving the watercolors from @photojenn - the outlining on the shore cliffs is excellent.
Love that backgrounds on @Tapestry’s ladies! They contrast so nicely with the focal point.
The Yeti from @pioneer9 is so perfect for this weather we’re having in most of the US - love the sweater!
@geekgirl’s mushrooms are magical!!! Wow…I love all the little dot accents.

2 Likes

I’m always pleased when I’m not the last person to receive :smiley: Today my first piece arrived from @jeanneleigh … along with an adorable traveling companion.

Jeanne, the variations of blue are fantastic, I really like this piece, thanks!!

11 Likes