4x6 Swap - Round 8 Gallery - January 2024

Post all of your gorgeous art here!!!

Original Topic Link

Snagging a spot. I’ll be right back to share the really pretty 4x6 that @geekybookworm made for me.

Okay, phew, I’m back!

She got a how to book with guoache techniques, and made this beautiful piece for me!

I love anything with mountains and I love the flowers.

Thanks!

14 Likes

I received this pretty 4x6 that @Lynx made for me. She has been playing with different techniques with alcohol inks and made these amazing flowers for me! I love it! Thanks!

16 Likes

Both of these are lovely! How fun for the two of you to share your art with each other!

6 Likes

@GeekyBookworm - I love the colors you chose. That soft pink is so relaxing and gives a calmness to the piece.

@Lynx - I think it turned out wonderful. The inks give a lot of texture and movement. Great job!

4 Likes

You both made such pretty pieces!

@GeekyBookworm the soft sunset/sunrise colours are beautiful, and all the variation in the flowers looks great!

@Lynx the alcohol inks give such lively, interesting effects, very cheerful!

3 Likes

I love both of these! Flowers and mountains are personal faves of mine as well. Beautiful renditions and a great start to our gallery!

4 Likes

The mountain scene looks so restful and the alcohol ink flowers have a lot of energy- a nice balance between the two! Lovely work @Lynx and @GeekyBookworm!

3 Likes

@GeekyBookworm and @Lynx , such lovely pieces!
they both made me smile
(and you saved a bunch on shipping for this swap, eh? :slight_smile: )

6 Likes

I adore Irwin!! Thank you so much @pioneer9 !! He is fantastic :grin:

17 Likes

Haha…a most excellent piece of art bursting with personality!!

1 Like

I love Irwin!

@pioneer9 you do such lovely, precise work, and create delightful characters!

2 Likes

And I received from @gozer today!

Look at this adorable face!

She also sent along a bonus version for my girls to color! How cool is that!! Both came in a beautiful card by @Lynx.

Definitely feeling the swap anxiety now. Thank you @gozer!!

15 Likes

Watching the gallery, me too :flushed:

5 Likes

Aah, @gozer, the kitty is adorable! love the little fangs!

(@Bel - reminds me me of someone in your house :smiley_cat:)

4 Likes

Such a sweet kitty face! And so very thoughtful to send the extra drawing for your girls!

1 Like

Yep, same here!

1 Like

@pioneer9 What an adorable little elephant!!! I love his expression!

@gozer That sweet kitty face is soooo good! And how adorable to send along a coloring sheet.

I popped mine into the mail today, but we’re getting a super crazy snowstorm right now so I hope it gets picked up tomorrow. Depending on how much snow we get, if they don’t get picked up, I’ll take them to the post office tomorrow. Sorry for the delay, swap partners! I’ve worked 21 hours of OT since the beginning of January so I’ve been exhausted and have put off getting mine in the mail until today, not knowing it was going to be snowmageddon here.

6 Likes

Awww, I can feel the personality in the cat and Irwin looks very fun!

Such great new pieces!

3 Likes

@pioneer9 I have always been a fan of your style. I love Irwin. He looks like he played a prank and is waiting to see if anyone noticed.

3 Likes