5" Handmade Book with Mixed Papers & Embellishments

I had a blast putting together this book for @marionberries in the mini handmade book swap :slight_smile:
The book itself has 3 signatures with painted papers, scrapbook papers, random ephemera and what not. Basically anything that I thought might be interesting for my swap partner who wanted a book to doodle in.

Front cover with pottery button made by @MissingWillow

Some of the fabrics that auditioned for the cover

Fabrics that made the final cut (scrappy bits of cotton fabrics on a linen base)

Close-up of some of the stitching

Inside the book

Page on the right is made with paper that was constructed by @alteredmommy

More inside pages

Altered tag embellishment

Another look at pages inside the book

One more for good measure

Library checkout card and pocket

The end! Thanks for checking out my project :slight_smile:

25 Likes

Love all of the blues and how you tied them together…the inside pages are so different and quite a lot of variety…love the textures. How are the pages put into the book? Is the cover lined and is it soft or hard covered?

2 Likes

I opted for a simple pamphlet stitch binding and yes, it’s a soft cover. The scrappy bits of cotten and linen base were stitched on a piece of wool blend felt backing and another piece of wool blend felt was used to hide the messy stitching :wink:

3 Likes

Just gorgeous, my friend! I love that you used a button I made. :heart:

2 Likes

Such a gorgeous little treasure.

2 Likes

Wow! This is stunning!!!

2 Likes

Beautiful!!!

2 Likes

Oh wow! This is gorgeous!

2 Likes

I just love the combination of textures you’ve made on the cover! Linen always floats my boat, but then the stitching across and upon all the scrappy cotton pieces… finger kiss!

2 Likes

Thanks guys!
I love working on scrappy projects :slight_smile:

2 Likes

this looks fantastic!

2 Likes

Fab. U. Lous!

2 Likes

How amazing that you pulled all of that together! I’m in awe

1 Like

Gorgeous. That slow stitch is stunning and elevated the book to a whole new level! Lucky swap partner!

2 Likes

:dizzy: Oooooh yeaaaaaah! Your wonderful project is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning!

1 Like

Aw, thanks!

1 Like

This is really fantastic! So inspiring!!

1 Like

So fabulous! I love the hand stitched cover :smiley:

1 Like

Congratulations! Your project was one of the Best of 2021! Yoooooou ROCK!

1 Like