50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

That plastic material looks really cool! and yay making good use of waste plastics!

1 Like

You made your own plastic?? WOW! THAT’S SO COOL!

1 Like

Hey-hey, Crafty McCrafters! There’s a new badge for the wide-ranging makers!

Lettuce Craft has six distinct categories for crafting and some of our most adventurous crafters have journeyed onto all of these boards. They are our Crafty Chameleons!

If you have posted 3 or more projects to each of the crafting categories:
Art
Home & Garden
Fashion & Wearables
Fiber & Textiles
Food & Drink
Paper & Vinyl Crafts

Send a message to @ moderators along with the links to your projects to claim your badge and have it activated!

2 Likes

I didn’t do anything special with my plastic.

I put a bigger piece of plastic(grocery bag) on the bottom and started layering cut up plastic on top of it.
Melted every layer together before adding the next one using baking paper and hot iron. Went really quick with the iron.
I added bigger clear plastic pieces last to keep it all together just to make sure that the corners of smaller pieces wouldn’t catch on anything.
I think it was about 5 layers altogether.
Also I discovered that not all plastics melt the same way. (should have known that)
Only stretchy plastics stick together. Other plastics peel apart.

4 Likes

I use a spray paint mask when working with things like that. But maybe you could try it outside.

I have done that too. Made some storage boxes for my coworker.
Also I embroidered a landscape picture(with plarn) on a pillow a few years ago. Alot easier than crocheting with it.

Have you tried weaving with them like with coffee bags?

1 Like

I like those bags for book binding.

2 Likes

I wonder if there is a small business that can reuse you paper bags? Here smaller thrift stores/charity shops will reuse bags from other stores. Same with some venders at farmers markets, craft fairs, vintage shows, rummage sales, Friends of the Library sales, these kinds of things.

3 Likes

Yes, good idea! And some around here will come pick up from a person if it isnt too inconvenient for a team member

1 Like

Oh goodness, I don’t need anymore! There’s a huge stack in the basement from all my covid imbibing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I hardly ever keep anything I make. Lately I’ve been donating items to a charity bazaar. That way, I can make whatever I want & it goes to a good cause. Everything sells at that event, they took dozens of fabric shopping bags & reversable gift bags last year. I was so happy to be rid of those things! I often craft for mental health, you know? The items pile up…

6 Likes

I hit 10 projects completed! I can’t post pics of the last two because they haven’t been received yet.

8 Likes

If anyone is looking for a spark of inspiration for adding a project to their list, check out the new site-wide Challenge!

2 Likes

Finally finished a bigger project. Took me soooooo long to make but I’m really happy with the result :grin:

Crochet triangle shawl

6 Likes

I tried to watch the video as she is one of my favorite crochet designers! I got a little lost, so I can see why it took so long!

I was going to try it, but I don’t have enough in my stash so it will have to wait!

You did a fantastic job!

2 Likes

I just skipped to the diagrams. :grin:
The constant counting to 15 and then 7 and then 15 again was time consuming.

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out how to print the diagrams. I did not find them on her website. It is easier for me to knit and crochet from a diagram as that is how my brain works!

2 Likes

Same here. I just copied the diagram from the video on a piece of scrap paper. But ended up not needing it because the pattern is very repetitive.

2 Likes

uh…duh…why did I not think of that!? Easy enough! She also has a blanket I want to do using more of my leftover yarns…and her crochet flowers are just so beautiful! I wish sometimes I was three people!

3 Likes

I hit a dozen projects today with these pants for TheMisterT

I expected this year will have fewer, bigger projects - and I think it still will - so it’s a little surprising that I am at 12 on Feb 10. The next one is bigger.

11 Likes

This fabric works so well for these pants.

1 Like

Thanks!