50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

I wonder if there is a small business that can reuse you paper bags? Here smaller thrift stores/charity shops will reuse bags from other stores. Same with some venders at farmers markets, craft fairs, vintage shows, rummage sales, Friends of the Library sales, these kinds of things.

3 Likes

Yes, good idea! And some around here will come pick up from a person if it isnt too inconvenient for a team member

1 Like

Oh goodness, I don’t need anymore! There’s a huge stack in the basement from all my covid imbibing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I hardly ever keep anything I make. Lately I’ve been donating items to a charity bazaar. That way, I can make whatever I want & it goes to a good cause. Everything sells at that event, they took dozens of fabric shopping bags & reversable gift bags last year. I was so happy to be rid of those things! I often craft for mental health, you know? The items pile up…

6 Likes

I hit 10 projects completed! I can’t post pics of the last two because they haven’t been received yet.

8 Likes

If anyone is looking for a spark of inspiration for adding a project to their list, check out the new site-wide Challenge!

2 Likes

Finally finished a bigger project. Took me soooooo long to make but I’m really happy with the result :grin:

Crochet triangle shawl

6 Likes

I tried to watch the video as she is one of my favorite crochet designers! I got a little lost, so I can see why it took so long!

I was going to try it, but I don’t have enough in my stash so it will have to wait!

You did a fantastic job!

2 Likes

I just skipped to the diagrams. :grin:
The constant counting to 15 and then 7 and then 15 again was time consuming.

2 Likes

I was trying to figure out how to print the diagrams. I did not find them on her website. It is easier for me to knit and crochet from a diagram as that is how my brain works!

2 Likes

Same here. I just copied the diagram from the video on a piece of scrap paper. But ended up not needing it because the pattern is very repetitive.

2 Likes

uh…duh…why did I not think of that!? Easy enough! She also has a blanket I want to do using more of my leftover yarns…and her crochet flowers are just so beautiful! I wish sometimes I was three people!

3 Likes

I hit a dozen projects today with these pants for TheMisterT

I expected this year will have fewer, bigger projects - and I think it still will - so it’s a little surprising that I am at 12 on Feb 10. The next one is bigger.

11 Likes

This fabric works so well for these pants.

1 Like

Thanks!

I like fast projects while I work on more long term, larger projects. I have a couple of those going so in between, I made another crochet hat (Divine hat) and FINALLY used up the last of this yarn I had leftover from making a huge blanket and two other hats! There was about 18 inches left…I chucked it!

oops…edited: I must have mindlessly wound it up as I see it in my leftovers bag! :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Two more finishes…

Crochet Basket

Squishy metallic yarn scarf…simple: slip1, K2, P1,repeat as needed, K1–cast on multiple of 3 +2.

13 Likes

Ooh, love that basket!

1 Like

Lovely basket! (I am going to have to make one of those eventually…)

I love the way the colors fade into each other on your basket!

1 Like

Orrrrrrrrrr maybe, just maybe, our stashes are at least partially accumulated by some kind of stash goblins that dig through our trash, recycling, and donation piles while we’re sleeping and put.that.stuff.back!

LOVE your basket!

3 Likes