Crochet triangle shawl

I bought a beautiful yarn cake(Schachenmayr, Mohair dream, 150g/5.28oz, 810m/886yds 84% acrylic, 8% wool, 8% mohair) last year with no idea what to make out of it. Just saw it on the shelf at my local supermarket and needed to have it. Plus it was so cheap(6.50Euros) it would have been a sin to walk past it.

This year I made a promise to myself that I will use only my stash to make new things. I have been tempted so many times to break that promise.

So I was browsing the internet and found a shawl pattern that felt perfect for this yarn.
https://youtu.be/lAdlhQtwYHw

The pattern is so easy but took me about 40 hours to finish. :tired_face:
I wanted to give up so many times.

But I’m so happy I didn’t. :grin:

And for some reason I did not have the patience to actually take time and lay it completely flat to take a picture :sweat_smile:
Finished shawl is 215 cm long (about 7 feet)

Since it took so long to make I wanted to skip the final step of blocking but I’m glad I didn’t.

Here is the shawl before blocking.

And here is an after blocking shot.
Looks so much better.

I made it as a gift for my niece. Already sent pictures to her and she loves it. :grin:

Edit: Gave her the shawl today :smile:
She loves it (pictures on the internet is not her thing so thats why there is a smiley)

28 Likes

it’s really pretty! love the stitch you used.

1 Like

Congratulations on using your yarn, finishing and blocking your shawl! It is really pretty and your cousin is lucky to have it!

1 Like

This is beautiful!

1 Like

It is really lovely and airy! The yarn really made this a special project!

1 Like

Very pretty colors and stitching.

1 Like

Beautiful!

1 Like

It’s beautiful! And so huge, I love big shawls. Your niece is very lucky!

1 Like

Thank you all :smile:

I’m going to give it to her tomorrow. I’ll try to take an action shot with her and the shawl. The pictures right now don’t really show how big it is.

3 Likes

Gorgeous! Way to persevere!!

1 Like

I love these colors! They are so pretty. The shawl is absolutely gorgeous.

2 Likes

Oh gosh, that looks like so many stitches! Lovely soft shades too, very pretty.

1 Like

I love it… Love Naztazia too…Did you check out Christel’s video’s too…It’s called :Bag o day Crochet
She has great tutoriols too…Your shawl is great anyhow…

1 Like

She has great tutorials.I have followed her on YT for about 3 years.

1 Like

:star: :mermaid: Congratulations! Your superb craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :fairy: :sparkles:

1 Like

Goodness me, it’s huge! What a beautiful gift!

1 Like

How did you finish your edge? I am working on this same pattern and don’t like the instructions to fringe or leave the loops. Thanks!

1 Like

Last row I started at the top of the first loop , 7 chains and joined two loops together. repeated that the whole row. Then turned my work and repeated the chain 7 row to get the same kind of look as the other sides.
Hope this makes sense :smiley:

1 Like

Yes, thank you! Just leave off the loops! I have quite a ways to go but so far, I am enjoying the rhythm of this project. Counting, counting, counting… :grin:

1 Like