50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

Thanks :smile_cat: Yeah, something about having some constraints - a (friendly) deadline, and a specific project - makes it much easier to get started than just thinking “make whatever you like”. I tend to spend too much time thinking about what to make and deciding on patterns etc.

6 Likes

Finished (woven ends and all) the place mats:

Still didn’t block them, but ya can’t have everything. Lol

9 Likes

Nice! Thanks for making them and sharing the pattern…I learned a new stitch and am happy with the place mats I made! Love your little center coasters as well!

2 Likes

Thanks!
I’m thinking of making a rectangular wrap in that stitch. Haven’t decided yet if it’s a good idea. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Fantastic! The coasters are really cute!

1 Like

I’ve finished project 11 for the year. I made the Elegant Shell tunic (it’s a free crochet pattern from Lion Brand yarn). I made a discussion thread for this one, that can be found here Elegant Shell Tunic stash buster.

6 Likes

I finished him! I’ll have to have a mini photo shoot. For now, here he is on pillows.

14 Likes

Terrifyingly adorable!

1 Like

So cute!

2 Likes

Thank you! It’s been fun making these critters. My son decided he wanted me to make him a Leshy from the book. Currently working on it.

2 Likes

Book said to glue on the eyes. I hand sewed them.

10 Likes

Aww! He’s too cute!

2 Likes

I believe! That cuties from outer space are adorable rendered in yarn.

1 Like

Coming soon will be a Leshy, a Kraken, and a Werewolf.

2 Likes

Fantastic!! and totally worth the extra effort to hand sew the eyes, they look great!

2 Likes

I had that moment of my gut falling out because I forgot what I ordered some yarn for! Was it @AIMR that talked about that? I’m glad I wrote most of what I want to work on in this 50 projects list, but I still had to take a bit to think about it. Next time, I will make a note when I buy yarn. :laughing:

3 Likes

Was it your LB chunky blanket project yarn?

1 Like

It was not. To be fair, I ordered the yarn on Etsy late at night which is when I’m more susceptible to ordering random things then forgetting about it. This one is for wrapping around my large headphones to make them more comfy. They have a little bit of padding, but not enough.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea! I usually see something online, order the yarn, and then forget why I ordered it! I need to list it here so when I get it, it will remind me. I tried to pin it on Pinterest but some photos are not pinnable!

2 Likes

Of course now I’m thinking that I should knit enough to wrap around the top part then sew it together. Maybe I could put a smaller knit or crochet fiberfill pillow in the center.
I love how I make simple projects more involved. :roll_eyes: :rage:

3 Likes