Elegant Shell Tunic stash buster

I made the Lion Brand yarn free pattern Elegant Shell. It’s for me. It’s a bit heavier than I wanted since I made it as a stash buster using mostly Red Heart acrylic (not usually a clothing choice for me :)). I ran out of yarn and wasn’t able to nicely finish the arm holes. When it’s on you can’t really tell, so I don’t know if I’m going to buy yarn just for that, especially dealing with color changes. The pattern is pretty easy to follow. If I made it again I think I’d modify the front panel to make it more of a scoop neck or v-neck.

15 Likes

You’re brave crocheting clothes, the first and last time I did that, the sweater was very nice but looked horrible on me.

Also, I’d suggest you move this to the Finished Projects category rather than in the Discussion.

2 Likes

This is really pretty. What a great way to use up your stash.

2 Likes

Great stash busting!

2 Likes

Oh well done! Yay for stash busting!

2 Likes

I think this is neat. I watched a show, and the character was always wearing these really cool knit/crochet tops. This would fit right in!

3 Likes

This came out great! I have been wanting to knit a vest-style wearable. Inspired!

Thanks for pointing this out, Cindy! I moved it. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you! I don’t know how I made that mistake, but I certainly did :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Pretty colors! This turned out great!

I’d love to learn how to make something other than scarves and socks on a loom.

2 Likes