50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

Halp! I was doing a basic knit and now I’m thinking about putting in cables on the short piece for my headphones. :zombie:

1 Like

Will it interfere with hair? Comfort? Use too much yarn? Never get finished and become a judgey WiP while your headphones scowl for lack of cute yarniness??

2 Likes

I finished them. No cables. But afterwards I realized that I won’t be able to take the covering off to wash without clipping the woven ends. Best laid plans. Next time I’ll have to make it button together on top.

That is an iPod shuffle. My niece said people use them as hair clips. Mine still works so…

9 Likes

What a great project - functional and cute!

1 Like

Thank you! They just needed some extra cushion. My other pair is more DJ-oriented so they have cushion and other features, but Sony must have come down in quality in the 15/20 year interim.

1 Like

Finished the dog sweater!

3 Likes

Hey y’all ! It’s me, late to the party again ! I have a bunch of stuff that I can’t wait to share with you guys ! It’s been hard to get crafty or even have the motivation sometimes when you work 2 jobs, and even harder to post, but I shall be back !

I did want to at least share that I FINALLYYY finished my Vader cross stitch (for those of you that still remember from last years craftalong, it’s been a long L O N G ongoing project)

Here it is all finished !!

And here it is framed !!

I was able to finish it JUST in time to give it to my bf for his birthday

14 Likes

It’s a masterpiece!

1 Like

:astonished: I’m gobsmacked by the awesomeness!!

Please make a post for this beauty!!

2 Likes

Incredible dedication to get it done…it is stunning!

This is beautiful!!

That is amazing!

I second that emotion!! :notes:

WOW! That’s so cool and a HUGE accomplishment!

Wow ! Thank you all so much ! :grin: I definitely will have to make a post

3 Likes

Please do, this is amazing!

Wow, that’s amazing - a truly spectacular piece!!

2 Likes

thank you so much!

Hi again ! I’m back to post all the goodies I’ve made so far this year :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: my bfs bday was just this past May, and since I finally finished my Vader cross stitch for him, I decided to go for a Star Wars themed meals.

I made pierogis for the first time, after having them for the first time :sweat_smile: I can’t remember what exact recipe I followed, I looked at a couple on Google, and the filling was mashed potatoes with a huge mix of cheddar, mozz and ricotta cheese. I cut the Rebel logo out on parchment paper, then out of my dough :sweat_smile: definitely could’ve used a cutter

I also made dumplings with dumplings dough from scratch for the first time following @mellyeatsworld on IG. She calls them gyodas & ewoklings :laughing: so cute right ? Fillings ground pork, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and napa cabbage.

Finally I made Japanese chicken curry for his lunch for work. I thought about it too late, so I was unable to get my hands on squid ink to make the curry black :sweat_smile: but hand cut the potatoes because I had no star cutters

I also made Star Wars themed food for Star Wars day for him

I used poppyseeds for eyes and sesame seeds for the nose

I wanted to try to make the spin dip myself, but of course with work, it didn’t work out, so I used store bought dip from Aldis along with the dough. I can’t remember where I got directions from, just googled it.

Phew ! This was a lot of firsts for a couple of weeks on May, the funniest thing is I’m not interested in Star Wars in the slightest :joy: nor do I really know much about it.

10 Likes

I will never be able to eat a dumpling every again without seeing gyoda… :rofl:. All the food is perfectly themed!

1 Like