Dog Sweater

I finished the dog sweater- in time for summer (typical lol).

She was a very good sport. Whenever I said, “Ted, will you come and try this on for a minute?” she would. I started out using a really cute pattern, but life-stresses and long days left my brain uncooperative so I switched to winging it. I might go back in and unstitch the t-bar at the bottom in order to make it a little easier to get it on her (she doesn’t love me lifting her front legs into it, but she just sighs when I do it.) but I was struggling with making it not hard anywhere she might lie on (like buttons or whatever.)

24 Likes

Aw! It came out super cute! And what a patient model you have!

2 Likes

She sighs? How cute is that?! She has been a real trooper through it all. I’m sure she’ll be very appreciative when colder weather hits again. She’ll be the styling dog on the block! I love dogs in sweaters/coats. They’re little fur people.

5 Likes

Thank you!
She is a good little friend. She’s 12 so she gets chilly easier nowadays. I know she’ll like having it once the weather turns again. Or possibly sooner when my husband cranks the A/c to his preferred Arctic levels haha.

3 Likes

Everything about this is too sweet. Her sweater is great, and she looks adorable in it.

2 Likes

Love the purple and green combo! Sometimes winging it is the only way to get it done… :rofl:

So adorable and it will help take the chill out

2 Likes

Thanks, friends!

Aww, this is adorable!

2 Likes

What a sweet lil girl and such an adorable lil sweater!

2 Likes

Sweet sweater for a sweet baby pups. I’m sure she’ll be grateful come winter.

2 Likes

I am utterly distracted by her adorable face. What a cutey.
The sweater looks comfy without being too warm, just enough extra chill-prevention layer. Nice colour combo too.
How about a fold over bit of velcro at one side? I have some very soft stuff at work, I’ll send you a bit to see if it would work.

3 Likes

Thanks friends! She’s a love :heart:

1 Like

Ted is adorable!! Love that little face. I think the colors look great on her and It looks like a great fit. You did a wonderful job and I am sure she will appreciate it soon.

2 Likes

Thank you!

The sweater is perfect! Your model would have me wrapped around her little paw, with that face and ‘sighs’!

1 Like

So adorable, both the sweater and puppo!

1 Like

Thanks, friends!

:heart: :dog: :yarn: Congrats! Your adorable Dog Sweater is a Featured Project this week! :yarn: :dog: :heart:

1 Like

Awwwwww thanks so much!

1 Like

Awww she’s such a cutie and she looks great in her new sweater! I was just the same this year, I wanted to make mine some nice warm coats for my 2 for the cold weather, and did them just as it got warm, ha ha ha, always the way!! At least you’re ready if there are any cold snaps tho :grin: :paw_prints:

1 Like