50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

Understand 100%

2 Likes

Heard.
Could you scramble up a cross stitch to give a few bedtime minutes to? I crocheted that giant olive for 2 years! It was good to just have it to hand, even when I got too busy to do any stitching at all. At least I could have, if I wanted to, and that made all the difference.

Tonight I tested my figuring out ability to make a little bubble basket.

I used up some double-sided fusible foam. It keeps the rounded shape even with a bit of weight in it.

10 Likes

I hate it when unforseen things upset my crafting schedule. I hope you at least feel that you are ready for visitors in a tidy house…one less stress off your very full plate!

I am in a slump…and when I am, I have to do something obsessive…so I crocheted the same pouch pattern four times…and now I am done with crochet and feel like I can move one to other things I really want to do. It helps to have a swap deadline as well…

4 Likes

Oh that’s hard! I know it has a real impact on my mood if I don’t manage to fit in at least a little creative project most weeks. It was a real challenge when we were moving to Oz. I hope your schedule eases up soon!!

@Magpie LOVE your bubble basket! Eep!

Thanks for the commiseration, everyone! It will only be through the weekend, so I am sure I will make it, I’ll just be a little antsy for the remaining time. On Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning, I will hit the ground running-with-scissors! I have at least 4 not-small projects to do by the end of May!

4 Likes

That bubble basket is super cool and clever! I took a closer look - did you shape it with little darts rather than gathering?

Yup! There are a few styles out there but the one with the more rounded shape that I like has silly construction instructions so I’m doing my own thing. It’s still not perfect but I have an idea. Show ya later!

3 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it! You are an inspiration - I made three wrist pincushions from your tutorial on Tuesday :smile_cat:

1 Like

Woo! Where’s your post? I wanna seeee!

If you are MightyMitochondria, this is a spoiler …

Blurred because one of these is going to MightyMitochondria - haven’t posted else where yet.

Your tutorial with the plastic liner is excellent! I changed it up a bit, using wide elastic for one and Velcro for the other two. All from stash too!

10 Likes

Beaut!!!

1 Like

Love love love! I was looking for some of those slap bracelets, they’d work great too.

1 Like

Just purchased some yarn to make a cat cocoon! We’ll see if the yarn or the dbl pointed needles get here first :smile:

4 Likes

woo-hoo I hit 50 projects today!

Summer is going to be really busy for me. How about for you all?

How about posting a short list of some of the projects you want to do over the summer?

1. I need to make new cushion covers for a chair in my craft room. It is a big project because I also need to paint the chair and make sure the bones are sturdy for someone besides my cat to sit in!

2. Dresses. I need one for a wedding in October and one for a theater even in June!

3. Fingerless mitts for holiday gifts.

4. Baby quilt for a friend’s first grandchild

5. Art Lessons–I have a few in the queue.

7 Likes

50 projects this early in the year! At that rate you’ll be at 150 by the time 2024 rolls around.

I’m just finally getting my ducks in a row with photographs of doll dresses I sewed back in January, so here we go. Batch #1 for the 6inch size:

Technically that’s project #3 for the year. I need to catch up on my pics & collages

8 Likes

Another wonderfully cute array of tiny dresses @Trillian!

Well done @AIMR!

Hmm, short list of planned projects for the coming months … I have been looking around my house and my craft stuff, and I really need to finish some of my half finished and planned projects. But then I just yesterday received a copy of an out-of-print jacket pattern that I was so excited to find online from an Australian Etsy shop! Let’s see if I can pick 5. (And then let’s see if I can get those 5 done without getting distracted by other things!)

1. Significant progress on the giant cabled cardigan for Mr Jemimah. (Probably not finishable in this time frame)
  2. Fitted jacket from new pattern
  3. Make up at least 3 pieces of embroidery into finished objects
  4. Lap quilt using the cool fabric Mr Jemimah picked out
  5. Winter skirt

Also there’s swap projects, but I know I’ll get them done because I already have deadlines.

2 Likes

Another batch of dresses from January, so project #4? These range from about 8 to 11 inches.

Trying to think of my 5 projects for the summer…

• sew six dresses for my tiniest doll
  • finish up the monster quilt I’ve been neglecting for a year
  • sew or knit something for my largest doll
  • knit a pair of socks (but first, find someone who is worthy of gift socks)
  • explore another blythe sewing pattern

I will undoubtedly get distracted by something shiny and wander off to play with twigs in the forest, but those may keep me busy.

5 Likes

I am not normally attracted to plaids or checks of any kind, but on your little dolls, those are the ones I love the most…that little red and white check with the black trim is just darling!

Also, the little plaid dress in Batch #1.

@AIMR Ha! I bought that red houndstooth on a midnight run to walmart during college in … 2006? My suite-mate was finishing up her renfaire garb the night before our trip and had run out of thread.

2 Likes

WOOHOO! I hit 40 complete projects last night! I will probably start No. 41 later today or tomorrow. I may hit 50 by June which is close to my “target” as I have completed ~100 projects/year over the last few years.

7 Likes