50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

Wow, your journal is amazing! How did you decide the format/put it together?

@jemimah A lot of math and trial and error, but I have a cheap dot grid spiral notebook from walmart that I used to mock up the bits that arenā€™t headers or graphs. I figured out how many lines each box needed, cut them out, and then rearranged them on the page until I liked the way it flowed.

1 Like

@Trillian What do you do with the data and statistics that you track? Is it just a hobby for you? Your journal pages are so neat and nicely decorated. How much time do you spend journaling?

I love that you track your books in such a visual way!

I am done with stash basket #2ā€¦I was going to make a third one, but the color combo doesnā€™t quite work with what I have, so I am going to have to go through stash to see if I have anything else or make some something with the three skeins of super chunky I have left!

4 Likes

@AIMR Ooh, nice basket! How big do they end up being? (I thought it was a strangely proportioned tank top at first glance :laughing:)

I will admit that most of my statistics are pretty pointless but I find them motivating. My main goal for 2022 was a nebulous ā€œread moreā€ and I had so much fun coloring in my daily reading charts in I ended up reading 100 books (compared to the 17 Iā€™d read the year before). Some of this stuff Iā€™d tracked throughout the year but I did the covers-by-ratings, statistics, bookshelf, and a couple other pages not pictured here sporadically in the first couple weeks of 2023. It kept me entertained!

The sewing stats are probably more helpful for me. I track monthly but itā€™s nice to see the totals to really put in perspective how much fabric I use in a year and remind myself that I donā€™t need to buy more because Iā€™m bored.

4 Likes

I just find statistics and data interestingā€¦I have all sorts of graphs and charts that keep me on track from taking my vitamins and supplements to how many yards of basic fabrics I have. I have gotten less and less detailed as time goes on since the information no longer served my purposesā€¦but, I seem to find new ones to take its place!

Plus, I have such an obsession with notebooks that I even have a subscriptionā€¦ :laughing:. I should consider them stash, but I consider them toolsā€¦

3 Likes

Why not both?

2 Likes

Lolā€¦in my mind, stash implies something I should reduce and use instead of collectā€¦and yet, how are they tools if I donā€™t use them up?..it is a totally irrational logicā€¦I just like little notebooks, which I guess is akin to a sort of fetish, but a harmless one, I suppose

1 Like

I love journals and notebooks and sketchbooks too, Iā€™m trying to find better ways of using them that work for me.

@Trillian your journal is really inspiring - have you made a separate post for it yet?

2 Likes

@jemimah um, no. Not yet at any rate . I should probably take a few more pictures first.

Project #2 from back in January, a rather slouchy doll sweater (that was not intended to be slouchy but there you go.)

9 Likes

Beautiful! I can see using up all those little balls of sock yarn to make this! Do you use a particular pattern? Miniature knits are just fun and adorable!

That sweater is mind-bogglingly wee for the detail and intricacy!

I second this! Make a post for the journal (you can add more photos later) AND this sweater! Then enter them in the Peek Behind the Curtains Challenge by April 19! Weā€™re having a drawing for a $20 Amazon card! You can enter up to 3 projects each of which gets one entry in the drawing.

4 Likes

:alarm_clock: :fly: :fly: :fly: TIME FLIES WHEN YOUā€™RE MAKING THINGS :yarn: :scroll: :sewing_needle: :art: :birthday:

Weā€™ve just over a day and a half until the Peek Behind The Curtains Challenge closes! I just know some of you have tracked some projects earlier this year that you have not given their own topic. Please share with us before Midnight on April 19 2023, US Pacific Time.

PeekChallengeApril2023

I finished a purple scarf for one of my co-workers. I try to do one each year as I know she wears them to death in the cold weather they have in PA,

9 Likes

Ooo that is very pretty. Is the yarn naturally ombre?

It is, sort ofā€¦it was how the yarn was joined that bothered meā€¦if they had followed the ombre, it would have been fineā€¦but as it was, there were often two rows of random light color in the middle of the darker colors, so the flow was offā€¦I just did a lot of magic knot joining to make the colors blend better.

1 Like

Itā€™s just a single coaster but Iā€™m counting it as done, I only need one on my desk anyhow.

13 Likes

2 more finishes today, I love the weekend!

10 Likes

Fabulous projects!

1 Like

I like the stripey rim you sewed on the lip of the second basket.

Iā€™m going a little cray-cray, friends. Generally speaking, I get to do at least a little crafting (or planning for crafting) most days, but I have been biz-ee with spring cleaning and preparing to host my mom and her boyfriend this weekend as well as have a house/dog-sitter for 10 days in June. Not to mention that our well pump decided not to work after a power outage a week and a half ago and my dryer stopped working about that time, too! Also all the time it takes to deal with medical bills following a kidney stone situation in March. Iā€™m not saying that the deep clean and tidying isnā€™t satisfying and pleasing in itā€™s own way, butā€¦ yeah. I see my little list in my post about the projects I want/need to do in the next few weeks an would much rather do those than catch up on laundry and attack the cobwebs in the corners.

Thatā€™s all. I just needed to vent a little to people I figured would understand.

12 Likes