50 or more Projects Craftalong -2023

I hit 26 for the first quarter with my Plate of Brown-Es! :crazy_face:

PlateOfBrownEs01

I have 4 projects that are mid-way through completion, though! So maybe by the end of the first week of the second quarter, I will have those done! Well, three of them, at least.

11 Likes

I finally finished the socks I was working on for my hubby (started last August). I messed up on the heel for the first sock, so it looks a little funky. The good news is it fits well! This is my 8th project for the year. They are a pattern called Salted Carmel from The Knitters Book of Socks.

16 Likes

Beautiful! I love the choice of yarn. I find that colour changes can sometimes distract from the pattern but in this case the colour and the pattern go together beautifully.

2 Likes

I have just realised that I am so very far behind in my making goals… but Inhave also made other stuff and haven’t posted yet, so here’s a few things to add, which I will link in my list once I have given them their own post.

Two swap items for the wonderful @jemimah

A hand towel for my kitchen

9 Likes

Has anyone made one of those knitted-then-felted cat caves? I’m thinking about trying one out. I’m not sure if either one of my boys would be interested, but I have plenty of friends that have cats plus there are deserving cats in the shelters.

1 Like

I did a cat bed that I felted, years ago. Two previous cats ago! She loved it. It was a pi shawl, made into a bowl, and felted & then dried over a Tupperware cake tub. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh my gosh the Internet remembers everything. Here is the bed. How to Knit a Felted Cat Bed

1 Like

That eyelash yarn around the edge is so cute. I haven’t seen that bed before! Adding “go to yarn store” to my list of To-Dos.

By my count I’m up to 24 projects now. Waiting for this swap item to be shared:

Trim to be added to a bag & there’s something else interesting on the craft room table too.
The itch to stitch is upon me!

@AIMR how do you get your images so small?

5 Likes

After your pictures are loaded, put a comma, 25% or whatever percent you want after the size:

Example: 375x500,25%

6 Likes

Awesome, thanks Linda! Sure makes the list post easier to read, wow.

3 Likes

I also print my post…I have a notebook with them all. I quit keeping a swap journal, so I wish I had put the person I swapped with on the list…I thought I would remember, but ten years later, I often have no clue! I guess it isn’t that important…just having a list to go down memory lane is enough for me!

It would be so fun having those lists! I don’t remember half the things I’ve made, or more. Oh well.

I’ve finished another small project. We’re having a family reunion this summer so I’m putting names on thrifted mugs for everyone. There is simple art on all of them. It’s nothing fancy, but has been fun to work on. I need to do one more bunch to get everyone. Because I like having pictures of my projects here is a shot of a few of them:

7 Likes

APRIL-JUNE Prompt:

Half a year will be gone at the end of June!

What are your plans for the last six months? Maybe you can get some projects done ahead of schedule and avoid the holiday/seasonal rush!

Make some Halloween, Fall, Christmas/Winter projects and post early!

Gift giving can be year round: make some gifts for someone else

Treat yourself to something you have admired or always wanted to make

The warmer weather means brighter colors: go bold or go home! Make something colorful and bright!

Enter one of the many challenges and contests! Don’t forget the craftalongs…we have something for everyone: crochet, stitching, sock making, monsters, LC style, Paper & Journals, scrappy…find what inspires you or inspires others

6 Likes

I made a gift for the house :joy: New washcloths for the guest bathroom downstairs… but now I realize they aren’t in coordinating colors. Guess I’ll have to make more, oh darn :smirk:

4 Likes

lol everything I make “matches” my house…I think I have every color, so it all goes together!

1 Like

Now that we’ve hit a quarter of the way through the year I’m going back and trying to document what I’ve made so far this year. So here it is, project #1, my yearly wrap-up pages for my book journal (or at least a few example pages from it).

8 Likes

-A bunch of fabric gift bags and letter tags got finished in Jan and there is still a huge pile of winter themed fabric to use up. I could make more bags. The charity I donated a bunch to last year sold out at their sale. It would get that shelf cleared and I have plenty of time for when I inevitably get bored part-way through, haha.
-Patchwork coaster sets are on my list to use up scraps and collect a gift stash. There are plans to make a narwhal cushion cover for a co-worker too, I have a pattern for that somewhere…
-I’ve always wanted a cross-back apron but they just look meh on me so I’m going to keep trying out apron patterns until I find something that is actually flattering. I have a couple printed out. I also really want to buy or make a dress-form in my size and get some work clothes made out of the lovely organic bamboo fabric I’ve collected.
-As for bright, I have a partially made denim bag that is SO COLOURFUL! I’m going to count it for this because the last part is the hardest to figure out and I’ve been putting it off until I got the nerve to go for the finish

2 Likes

Looking forward to seeing that!

1 Like