50 Projects, Let's Do This! 2022

I am in! I don’t have as much space as I used to now that we have moved but I try to fit in as much crafting as I can.

2 Likes

I’m in again this year as well. I’m going to shoot for smaller projects that go quicker for this year.

1. Large Holiday Moose
  2. Moe of Change blanket
  3. Halloween diamond art
  4. Staircase
    5 & 6. Christmas paintings
3 Likes

A Marbled Pair of Hummingbirds is my first posted project of the year!

3 Likes

Alright, after stalking the 2021 list, i will drop my list here. I’ve already completed two!

January
(completed, post pending) Xmas card ornaments
(completed, post pending) Flannel recycled / reusable facial pads
(WIP) punch needle hoop for xmas
(Completed) Texas housewarming signs

February
(Completed) up cycled bandit signs for girlscouts!

March
(Completed) breast cancer wreath, medal holder and shrink plastic earrings.
(Coming soon) laser burned easter sign from dollar store

3 Likes

Yay for 50 Projects! I got side-tracked last year… but hoping I can keep my list up-to-date this time. Nope, apparently I’m still a slacker!

JAN
19 ATCs: Rabbit Reading, Togepi A, Togepi B, Pufnstuf Chariot, Door Closes A, Door Closes B, Doodle Flowers, Pushing Daisies, RHPS Magenta, RHPS Going Home, I Spy Letter F, Flamingo A, Flamingo B, Ambigram JOY, Party Hat Boy, Pysanky Egg, Miss Fisher/Phryne and Jack, Cindy Ambigram A, Cindy Ambigram B
Decorated D&D cookies
21 Happy Mail cards (all different), with vintage flower illustrations
Upcycled Valentine box w/vintage hankie
Snow White note cards
Locket necklace from a vintage rouge compact
Birthday bunting
Campfire felt play set (21 pieces)
Total for Month: 45
Year to Date: 45

FEB
10 ATCs: Half-Shod Prince, Starry Night, Bizarro Fish, Bizarro Bird, Half-Shod Stranger, Tower Climber, Homage to James Christensen, Eyeglasses girl, Music Universal Language, Victorian Girl
Carved-silicone stamp
4 masterboards
Masterboard-based notecards
4 Teesha patches: hydrangea, hurricane, wind, abstract
Bound mini-book (hurricane memories)
Total for Month: 21
YTD: 66

MAR
2 ATCs: Luna & thestral, Optical Illusion
Teesha patch: tanabata tree
3 Easter egg swap items
Flat-rate-box swap items

APR
MAY
JUN
JUL
AUG
SEP
OCT
NOV
DEC

3 Likes

I’ve nearly finished my first item of the new year and ran into a conundrum. It is a toy and I need to sort out eyes. I have safety eyes but they’re a bit small and it is for a baby so I think I’ll crochet something if I can find the right black/dark yarn in my stash for it. But still, nearly done!

1 Like

Awesome that you’re almost done! Could you embroider the eyes?

1 Like

You could also make felt eyes and sew them on. Or leave them off all together if it’s for a baby. Either way I’m sure it will be cute and appreciated by the parents (and baby!).

1 Like

It’s made of that bernat blanket yarn and the designer says one could crochet a simple black circle of worsted to use so I was thinking i might try that. I wish I had some darker blanket yarn, but I’ll muck about with what i can find in stash. It’s this owl.

Edit to add: I need to even them up, but I think this will serve him well:

Edit again: he’s done!

7 Likes

Hi everyone! I created an account just to join in on the fun ! I’m so excited to see everyone’s projects and hopefully will stay motivated to complete mine! I’m very good at starting them, but not so great at completing them :sweat_smile:

12 Likes

Welcome aboard, @Findmecrafting, you’ll love it here!

1 Like

Alright! First project of the year! I found these wooden ornaments on sale for like 60 cents. Which meant a good first project with my cricut! I found some ornament cut files online and my cricut came with some green vinyl. I don’t have any of the tools yet so I think projects will be easier with that. But I’m excited I already have another project to get done this week.

10 Likes

I’m days late as usual, but I’m going to try this for another year. Hopefully this time I can post things as I make them instead of waiting weeks/months after the fact.

The only projects I have planned so far this year are:

• a baby quilt (2/3 of the way done)
  • a pair of yellow socks (1/5 of the way done)
  • 17 million doll dresses (ad infinitum)

I’m also doing a severe fabric diet this year, which should make for some extra creativity, or just more fully confronting the fact that my stash has reached ridiculous proportions. We’ll see what other crafty adventures the year brings as the mood strikes us*.

*(plural in this case being me and the mouse in my pocket?)

3 Likes

YAY!! I have so much planned
January:

1. Teapot cozy - completed
  2. Redo craft room - new paint, desks, fixtures, purge, organize and set up the creative space - In process
  3. Tunisian Shawl - In process
  4. Weave in ends and sew sides to Union Jack sweater started in 2012 LOL
    February
  5. Reupholster living room sofa
  6. Sew new covers for 2 MCM living room chairs
  7. Paint living room and hang new drapes
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
3 Likes

My aspirations for the year:
Quilts:
3 Refugee quilts to donate (twin size)
A quilt for Joey
Quilt for Kayla?
Quilt my King Size Quilt top
Finish the flower quilt
Finish the crazy strip scrap quilt

Clothes sewing:
Collared Gauze Shirt Done Feb 22’

Eyelet Dress
Coral Dress
Wool Coat

Painting:
Shoes

Organization:
Hufflepuff Clipboard done 1/6/22

Completed:
JANUARY:
Hufflepuff Clipboard

Quilt #1

FEBRUARY:
zipper pouch

Quilt #2

6 Likes

Hi!
I’m new here.
How does this work?
Do I have to post a list or can I just post as I go?

2 Likes

Welcome!

You can keep track however you like. Some people like to just keep track of what they have done, some like to make a list of things they want to make and then tick it off. Some do a mix. There are no rules!

2 Likes

Ok
Thank you for answering :smiley:
I’ll try to make a list then. It will probably keep me motivated.

1 Like

Click on the square icon under your post so you can find it again to edit and add items as you complete them.
You can keep track however you like, it’s your list after all! I made each of my project description a link to it’s own post as you can see here. Some people added thumbnail photos. Lots of options!

3 Likes

Welcome! As said by others, track and share as feels right for you! I’ll reiterate @Magpie 's recommendation to bookmark your comment so you can find it easily to add to/modify/update your “list”! This topic gets lonnnnnnnnnnnng! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like