50 Projects, More or Less, 2021

Thanks! I have some pretty flower pictures to make into cards too, along with more birds, of course!

2 Likes

Hi, me again! I finished my felted bird aviary display!

I hope Mr. Lynx can help me hang it up soon!

16 Likes

What a great way to display it!

4 Likes

It’s beautiful! What a fantastic display.

3 Likes

my first cooking endeavor in this thread. Refried beans from scratch. Cooked dried pintos for most of the day in salt and adobo seasoning. Holy Beanie, this is better tasting than any can I’ve ever bought. Froze half of it.

11 Likes

I found these cool mask dies and this funny stamp from InspirationStationMI on Etsy, so I snatched them up. They are the perfect size to use up smaller cardstock scraps! Masks are the new bra cards

20210129_162721_resize_30

9 Likes

I was aiming for 10, but I finished 9 projects in January :slight_smile: I’m happy with that!
It was actually 25 individual things, plus all the WIPs I started or added to, I think it was a pretty crafty month for me :smiley: Let’s hope I can keep up the momentum now that I’m back to work.

How did you go with your projects this month?

11 Likes

I was going to say I didn’t do much, but that’s not true! Didn’t finish much but spent two entire weekends quilting.

5 Likes

About the same as you, which isn’t bad since I was holed up in my room for almost half of January—working on :bird: :bird: and more :bird:!

5 Likes

I got 17 projects done…some were multiples, like the cards…lots of needlework this month…

I think this month was easy to do since it is rainy and colder than normal but, I have tax season to deal with for the next few months and beach season starting in April…I also want to heavily work on WIPS and reducing my stash…so more sewing for sure!

8 Likes

i got some serious work on that blanket and then 2 actual finishes!! hopefully the motivation i need to get those socks that i am almost halfway on out of purgatory and done!!

definitely inspiring to see all your beautiful work in this thread!!

7 Likes

@AcadianDriftwood is going to run the February Thing A-Day craftalong again this year! I find it very motivating to get done a lot of small projects or pieces of projects…

It is a great time to use up some scraps, make felt little things, etc. I will post a link here once she gets it going…I made a semi-list last year and a Pinterest board as well…even if you did every other day, it is still about 15 projects for the month!

9 Likes

I love reading these January round up posts! I completed 5 craft projects which feels a little underwhelming, but then I realized that I have been putting a lot of my making time into one of the 4 things on my actual to-do list which is redoing our under-stairs pantry. I am pretty close to finishing that AND I did one other thing on that list, so YEY ME!

UPDATE: Oopsie! By writing this and updated my list-post I realized that I forgot to include one of my finished projects! I added it, in about where I thought it landed in the order, and now I have 6 for January!

6 Likes

What a productive group! It looks like I’ve completed 10 things this month, and also made a bunch of progress on my huge rainbow afghan. :slight_smile: I’m going to try to finish more small things next month and not just pour EVERYTHING into the afghan!

7 Likes

2020 was such a cray ride for me, but it was fun as well. I wasn’t able to come here often towards the end but this year I’m giving it my all and finish 50 art projects.

# Status Project
1 Valentines day cards
2 Easter cards
3 Christmas cards
6 Likes

I made a scarf!

4 Likes

I used Edel’s tutorial to make this block for the quilt along bom. I did adjust the pattern to use a flying goose rather than two half squared triangles.

6 Likes

Now that is a clever idea! It turned out really pretty!

3 Likes

I’m just lazy and didn’t want more cutting than needed :laughing:

2 Likes

I signed up for a yarn of the month club (thanks to @MistressJennie 's tatalizing descriptions lol) and wanted to at least do something quick with yarn #1 before the second box arrives any day now. The included pattern was for a cowl but everyone here hates “restrictive” clothing so I opted to work up a decorative heart instead. It’s not perfect, if I make another in this yarn I’ll go down a needle size to keep the stuffing from showing through, but it’s a completed project and I’ll take that win for the day. :slight_smile:

10 Likes