50 Projects, More or Less, 2024

This does not surprise me. I’m trying to get better with it, but I can do pretty much anything else instead of putting away laundry.

5 Likes

@irid3sc3nt , @AIMR both of those can also be linked to anxiety hand up here

Also our wedding photographer disappeared after our wedding, she popped up a while later - she had been sick and her husband had been busy looking after their toddler and no one had contacted the clients… not what I would do, but I guess when life gets you, sometimes it gets you good

2 Likes

The girl & I made album bowls, quick & fun!
thumbnail.jpeg-2
Napkin bag turned into napkins

Painted pages turned into dividers for organizing mail

Karen Brown’s DIY ironing shelf

9 Likes

Those are fun. It’d have to be certain records because my husband has a nice vinyl collection. I’d have to thrift it. Maybe one of the millions of copies of the same album by Herb Alpert.

2 Likes

That or find something that’s scratched up or played until it wears down the grooves.

1 Like

Finally got my first project of the year done! 2023 Entries in my Reading(+) journal.

Just a sampling of pages. The full nonsense is here: 2023 Reading Stats Journal Pages

5 Likes

Amazing! You are an inspiration!

1 Like

I finished it! Karen Brown’s DIY ironing shelf

This fabric is just perfect.

12 Likes

That’s fantastic fabric and looks like a really handy way to do a lot of kinds of pressing!

1 Like

I repurposed some old (clean!) pj’s into a garland:

12 Likes

Nice! I have a couple wreaths that look like this only, you know, in a circle. I use the green one for St. Patrick’s Day… slowly adding more elements to it.

2 Likes

I made these socks for my youngest. I found the pattern on Ravelry. It’s called When Worlds Collide. The left sock is a view of the top to show off the lace pattern.

10 Likes

Those look so cozy!

1 Like

Great job!

1 Like

Hark! Project #4

9 Likes

Darling! Your work on these is just beautiful.

I have 2 more projects completed (bringing my total to 3).

First up is a flower hot pad. The pattern is a free pattern from Ravelry. I think I will just use it as a trivet because it’s so open I’ll burn myself if I use it to grab hot stuff.

Next up is some rudimentary embroidery. My puppy attacked my shirt while I was doing yoga, and left a hole. I don’t really like the shirt at all, but it is new from Christmas. So . . . I attempted to repair it with something pretty. If it still falls apart I’ll just try again until I figure out this style of repair for myself.

9 Likes

Love the visible mending!

1 Like

The embroidery mending is such a great idea, it looks so good!

1 Like

Haven’t gotten a picture of project #5 yet (more doll dresses) but here’s a book for project #6. Quarto-Legal size and about 190 pages. Mostly new materials, which is unusual for me.

10 Likes