50 Projects, More or Less, 2024

Haven’t gotten a picture of project #5 yet (more doll dresses) but here’s a book for project #6. Quarto-Legal size and about 190 pages. Mostly new materials, which is unusual for me.

10 Likes

This is really lovely. It’s one of those notebooks you have to get, but is too nice to write in! :wink:

Aww, thank you! That’s a terrific compliment

1 Like

Your journals are quite lovely!

Happy birthday, @AIMR ! I hope you have a lovely day! :cake::partying_face::balloon:

1 Like

Project #8 - finishing up some half-done dresses. I was using fabric salvaged from an old shirt from my mother and had to do some careful cutting to avoid stains and holes.

5 Likes

Made some fun things for a sweet young friend :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Gnomes at home!

This is based on a cute little accordion pouch pattern that’s a free video tutorial online, but I changed it up a bit. It just has so many pockets for holding the best treasures.

And some summer bunting that would be nice outside, it’s bigger triangles and longerish. It was a panel, I could not resist it or the co-ordinating fabric on the discount floor of the fabric store recently. I’m on a no-buy craft allowance but it doesn’t count if you make something with the supplies right away, right? :smile:

Since young miss is getting quite the collection of bunting from her friends here, I figured a case to hold some of them might be handy.

I love that vintage flower button, it’s from my very most precious stash.

11 Likes

I’m so glad you posted these pics, I wanted to acknowledge them but couldnt decide where to do it (not personal swaps as I’ve not sent anything your way yet!).

These are all so loved and appreciated. I may have temporarily confiscated the gnome pouch… I mean, gnomes! But i’ll give it over …. Maybe. Lol

Thank you!

3 Likes

Supercute little pouch!
And what a lovely bunting! Im dreaming of making them too, but so far its only dreams! :sweat_smile: But great with the bunting bag!

2 Likes

I haven’t made anything in so long, it was such a joy stitching those up. Keep the pouch, she has a dino purse already :grin:

1 Like

Adorable pieces! I like how you used different fabric for the accordion pockets. Your bunting is so nicely stitched… how did you get the bottoms so pointy???
Also, having a holder for them is an amazing idea.

2 Likes

Super easy technique link to utoob vid. Although you need to trim the seam allowance for the sharper point of a bunting flag.
I saw bunting bags online & thought that was a clever idea.

2 Likes

These are so adorable - absolutely precious!

1 Like

Fabulous projects!

1 Like

I love all the scrappy fabric you chose for the accordion pouch. And you are 100% correct that craft purchases don’t count if you make the thing immediately.

5 Likes

I actually have a finished item to add to my list! Staying true to my current m.o., I forgot to take pictures, however the 10-yo recipient came to my rescue. (The pink plastic vinyl bag was what I gave her the gift in, I think she loved it as muchnas the cover.)

The buttons have been done up a little lopsided, they are just randon ones from my collection that matched the yarn. The centre one is a light pink, but has a pearl finish so the light makes it look white.

8 Likes

It’s always nice when someone appreciates your lovely handmade gifts!

2 Likes

She saw me making a tote at sports (her brother plays with my son) and strongly hinted how good that would be for her ipad (it wasn’t for her). She was super happy to get something for her that she wasn’t expecting.

2 Likes

Another bunting arrived to recipient! Guess who this one was for? lol, I know you know already :flamingo: :four_leaf_clover:

12 Likes

Whoops, I haven’t been updating my list this month, but I just rectified that. Three times – I kept remembering stuff I’d forgotten :woman_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes