911- a family ATC

This card is for my daughter’s birthday.

When my daughter was about 7 or 8, one of my oldest friends came to AZ for Christmas, along with her daughter. Our two girls got into some mischief during that visit.

This card commemorates the time they called 911 and immediately hung up. Imagine their surprise and embarrassment when the police showed up! The good news is that there wasn’t too much discipline required- they were both pretty mortified without parental intervention! :winking_face_with_tongue:

9 Likes

I admit there’d have been a lot of yelling and some serious grounding in my house for a similar offense. Glad it turned out ok!

1 Like

Cool graphic design on this one! I’m sure your family laughs about it now, but those girls must have freaked out when the police showed up at your door.

2 Likes

Yes, NOW it’s funny.

It was Christmas time when that happened, and yes, they did get yelled at—and both girls got literal coal in their stockings over that and a few other misadventures!

Oh dear! I’m sure at the time everyone felt quite the opposite about it as they do now! :rofl:
This one looks a little different than a lot of your other Family ATCs, but is definitely still your style!

1 Like

Those two got in so much trouble that week… we didn’t dare turn our backs on them for fear of what was coming next!! LOL!

I’m glad we can laugh about it now, since no major emergencies happened- no REAL 911 calls were required!

Yes, this is a simpler ATC than most of the ones I’ve made but I wasn’t sure how else to portray the story. :blush:

1 Like

Hilarious! (Now)

Growing up when our cordless house phone’s battery would start dying it would automatically call 911. We got LOTS of police visits. It was only after the third or fourth time that we realized the phone was to blame and not us kids.

On another funny note when my husband’s grandmother would go to church and genuflect her life alert registered it as a fall and the paramedics would come. She was so embarrassed the first time it happened, then she (and the rest of the congregation) would laugh after that when they showed up

2 Likes