A batch of mixed media postcards

I’ve been in a crafting funk lately and decided to get out my art supplies today to make some post cards. Making things to send to others is a good motivator for me and hopefully brings joy to those who receive them :slight_smile: It was fun playing around and adding lots of layers.

Here you can see the finished set.

Here you can see the first couple layers - I went with lots of really bright red, orange, and yellow because I knew the warmer colors would peak out well from behind the layer layers/cooler colors.

The lighting in this picture isn’t great but you can see how it looked before I cut it down to postcard size and added the finishing details to each one.

It felt good to play and get my hands all painty again. Thanks for looking!

13 Likes

I love both the finished product and the orange layer on its own. I’m such a chicken about potentially “ruining” early layers, so I applaud your fortitude :laughing:.

2 Likes

These are so colorful and turned out well! I also really liked the orange layer with that bold ribbon of black swirling though it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All of them are gorgeous! Yellows and oranges are my favorite colors, so I do love that layer. And then you added all the blues and pink/purple and black, and made it look even better. A great way to revive your crafting mojo.

1 Like

Yay for arting out of a funk! Love how cutting up the piece transforms the design.

1 Like

They really are beautiful :smiley:

I hear you on the crafting funk.

1 Like

I love the colours! They’re like little pieces of art for everyone you send them to.

1 Like

This is a lovely idea and a great way to share your art with others. :heart:

1 Like

WOW! I’m a little out of a minor spring cleaning funk just looking at these photos.

1 Like