A bear and her cat

I just finished a swap, and my partner, @gozer, received her swap package, so I can share here!

Included on her list was animals wearing clothes. Using an orchid shade, I crocheted a bear using my favorite bear pattern. Then I decided it should be an aviator bear, so I freehanded the coat and jodhpurs.

Gozer also recently lost a beloved pet, so with the help of @Bunny1kenobi, I was able to make a cat for the bear. The photos Bunny1kenobi supplied of Gozer’s cat allowed me to make the markings as close as I could to her lost fur baby. Here is what I came up with:

25 Likes

So very sweet and personal!

3 Likes

Such an adorable pair! And so thoughtful!!

2 Likes

That’s such a sweet tribute!

3 Likes

What a sweet swap!so cute

2 Likes

I am obsessed with that bear.

2 Likes

The bear is awesome, but that kitty, oh so sweet.

3 Likes

So stinking cute! That little bear is adorable.

2 Likes

That bear is adorable and the little kitty is such a sweet idea!

3 Likes

They are both adorable! I love the little aviator coat. The details on the cat are wonderful.

2 Likes

This is one of those swaps that I will never forget. Thank you so much. I love the bear, but of course my heart goes to my little Venkman. You did such an amazing job. I balled my eyes out when I saw it. Thank you so much.

6 Likes

The details on both are spectacular! Great execution!

1 Like

Congrats! Your Bear and Cat Crochet are one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

I love that the bear has a little kitty, so cute.

2 Likes

That is so sweet. I know I would appreciate it if it were my furbaby.

3 Likes

I do! It’s so sweet. He’s sitting next to me now. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

How sweet, I think this is the sweetest thing. The projects themselves are sweet but the sentiment behind the cat puts it over the top. Good job!

3 Likes

Venk is utter perfection, SBC.

2 Likes