A Bold Streak

This one came into being fully formed after reading a friends social media post making her cancer diagnosis “Facebook official”

She is a kind, soft spoken and generous woman and hidden just under the surface there are so many strongly held convictions…

This one is a bold streak, of rage, of humour, of defiance, of joy, or of justice… Whatever she needs it to be.

32 Likes

This is absolutely amazing, and I wish your friend the best. The quilt sums it up perfectly and beautifully.

3 Likes

This is just amazing and all the luck in the world to your friend xx

2 Likes

Those are the exact feelings I feel when I see this…it is a strong and powerful image…beautifully done and beautiful sentiment…a nice gesture for a friend…

2 Likes

I love this. The vibrancy of the colors against the pale background… I love that it can be “whatever she needs it to be.”

3 Likes

This is such a powerful piece. I am sure your friend will wrap herself in it like armor as she faces the battle ahead. :heart:

3 Likes

Beautiful and touching project for your friend.

1 Like

I see it. It’s beautiful. Thinking good thoughts that your friend will be victorious.

1 Like

Very impactful design! And as always, well-executed.

1 Like

Even without the backstory this quilt is stunning, but knowing it is for your friend makes it powerful as well. I am certain it will give her comfort and strength for travelling this next part of her life journey.

2 Likes

Wow! Really beautifully done. If a quilt had personality, this would be the one.

1 Like

This is stunning! Did you use pale fabrics for the other pieces or did you flip brighter ones to the wrong side?

1 Like

The beauty is in the subtly of this piece. Amazing.

1 Like

It’s all pale, pastel and low volume fabrics… Except the brights and black.

1 Like

Stunning. I’m sure it will bring her comfort, and help her remember that there are friends like you in her corner.

1 Like

:rainbow: :sun_with_face: :heart: Congratulations! Your beautiful and inspiring quilt is a Featured Project this week! :heart: :sun_with_face: :rainbow:

1 Like