"A Case of the Whimsy's" bookcase quilt

Just finished a bookcase quilt for a friend that love to read. It’s called “A Case of the Whimsy’s”. It has aspects of all the different genre types she likes to read.

Raw edge applique is used on several portions. The lamp is pieced normally so it isn’t FPP.

34 Likes

My goodness this is delightful!

2 Likes

WOW, this is stunning! I can’t stop looking at all the detail, the fish bowl, the plate, the lamp, the glass ball by the candles, and on and on. Your friend will cherish this!

3 Likes

Thank you, you’re very kind. :blush:

That glass ball is actually an old fashioned compass - my friend likes to take hiking trips.

2 Likes

My goodness! Just like a real person’s library shelf, there’s so much to see on these shelves!

2 Likes

This is seriously awesome! All the little details are wonderful.

2 Likes

Fabulous!

She must like mysteries, theres somebody hiding behind the quilt!

4 Likes

Wow!
What a special gift! So personal :heart:

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! This is beyond incredible! Can we get some close up shots? I want to see more!!! You have a lucky friend!!!

3 Likes

This is so lovely!

2 Likes

A compass, even better for your friend it sounds like. I have a blown glass ball that looks very similar.

2 Likes

I LOVE it!

2 Likes

This is amazing :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Wow!!! It’s a shame that I can only “heart” this once because it deserves a whole lotta love! Amazing work. I agree- lucky friend!!

2 Likes

How beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow, what a nice compliment! Thank you!

2 Likes

Wow, this is super cool! Love all the details, especially the fishbowl and dragon.

1 Like

:thread: :heart: :books: Congratulations! Your amazing Case of the Whimsy’s Bookcase quilt is a Featured Project this week! :books: :heart: :thread:

2 Likes

Oh, thank you. :smiley:

1 Like

This is so amazing!

2 Likes