A Celebration of Spooning - In Pillowcase Embroidery

Thanks, friends!

@grenouille78 Yes, I think that all the embroidery would’ve been for naught if I hadn’t done the french seams on that dang supima! And I think that it only took a little more time and a lot less thread than if I’d done a finishing stitch on all those!

1 Like

Your embroidery is beautiful! I made pillowcases for myself using this method probably like 15 years ago and they’re still going strong. I’ve never heard of it called the hot-dog method, though! Love it :smile:

Thank you! And WOW! That’s great to hear about the longevity of your cases!

Gorgeous!! Such a sweet gift

what a cute idea! and perfectly executed.

Everything about this is wonderful! The pattern, the stitching, the finishing touches. :raised_hands:t3:

Thanks so much, you guys!

Very sweet, love how you made them so the spoons can spoon

@Averia Thank you! The spoons spooning was the key to the whole thing for me, which is why it took so long to actually do. I had bought pillowcases to embroider, but it was a big pain to stitch at the “bottom” of them and taking them apart was not feasible. Determining that quilting cotton would be comfortable enough so that I could make them finally got me over the hump. Then finding supima to make them with was a boon!

The extra time spent on it will definitely pay off in the long run!

How cute are these?!?!?

Thanks, everyone! You’ve all been so nice, that by the time Valentine’s Day actually gets here, it’ll be like old news! :smiley:

Gorgeous handwork! Love it! I can’t stitch anymore, but I am totally obsessed with making french seamed pillowcases as gifts…I put little accent strips on them and customize them for each person’s personality. I <3 them!!!

1 Like

@FrankenCher I am already making a few more! This time including an accent strip as well as contrast/coordinating cuff!

1 Like

This is how it starts…Lolololololol <3 <3 <3

1 Like