A City Adventure

I came up with this painting from a drawing that I had done early on. I looked at the drawing and thought that it would make a good painting.

Here is the painting:
20210502_100016_resize_94

Here is the drawing I used:
20210429_201720_resize_4

The yellow and white across the painting works as a weather element that I added to give it more depth rather than it being just like the drawing, with buildings and mountains.

I tried to follow the same color pattern as the drawing for my painting and I think it turned out just fine.

14 Likes

Both of those look great! I like the impressionist feeling of the painting. It’s so interesting seeing a design translated into various mediums like that, very cool!

2 Likes

These are so visually interesting! Are the based on a place you’ve been to or seen or wholly from your imagination?

1 Like

It’s from a picture I found on the internet to use as a reference. Then I just took that picture to make the drawing, then from the drawing to the painting.

Cool! A photograph of a real place or another format of picture?

1 Like

I just searched up easy city drawing a one of the pictures was like the ine you could find in a coloring book. (I added the mountains to the city)

1 Like

Love this! Man I miss the city! The weather elements are spot on!

1 Like

Well done!

1 Like

Nicely done!

1 Like

Very nice! I love the white and yellow. It definitely adds depth!

1 Like

Ohmygosh I love them both!

1 Like

Our yard actually kind of looks like that with the yellow right now from the pollen floating around in the air! Maybe you could name it “High Pollen Count!” :slight_smile:

I love the city vs. the mountains. Cool idea!!!

2 Likes

I like how stylized both are. I enjoy how you took the creative elements a step farther on the painting too. How big is it?

1 Like

It’s an 8x10 painting.