A "Daytrip Cell Phone Wallet" for my Mama

The pattern is by Sara Lawson, of Sew Sweetness. It was a little bit of a bugger for me because I’d never made the pattern before, but I’m pretty happy with how it came out, and Mom loves it, so that’s all the matters! <3 She was super adorbs too when I took the photos. “No no, you have to have things in it, and make the cord look just so…” She’s going to be my photo stylist if I ever sell anything now, lol.

28 Likes

That turned out great! Love the colors you chose…and the interior looks so roomy, with lots of slots and pockets to store things.

1 Like

How lovely! Doesn’t make your heart sing to make your mom happy with your creations? :smiley:

3 Likes

It’s really nice. I love the colours you’ve chosen

1 Like

gotta love a mom who carries sewing machine needles in her purse…I would do a day trip with her any time!

Lovely purse and practical, too! Thanks for sharing the pattern…I will have to look at making something like this for myself!

Love how safe it seems for cards and phones…and sewing machine needles!

3 Likes

So attractive and practical. Love it.

1 Like

I think you smashed it. The fabric choices are great and it looks very well made. :heart:

2 Likes

That turned out great! I’m bookmarking this to make for my daughter who refuses to carry a fanny pack for her phone. I love your mom story too, she sounds super fun :smile:

2 Likes

What a cool and functional project! I love how well this turned out.

1 Like

It turned out so cute! It turned out perfect!

1 Like

This looks like a tricky pattern - you did a beautiful job with it!! It looks so nice. And your Mum has great photo styling skills :grinning: :camera_flash:

1 Like

@FrankenCher you tell your mama she was right! you do have to have things in it!

great job on the functional making! and the fabric is lovely.

1 Like

Thank you!! I’m awfully fond of Mom, lol. This was the first time I made this particular pattern, and I’m the most awkward with bags with my sewing skills, lol. BUT…It’s a great pattern, and not nearly as complicated as I made it for myself, lol. And I really love all of the Sew Sweetness patterns. She’s got a video for a good chunk of them too, so that helps my desperate lack of bag making know how. BABY STEPS! lol. <3

1 Like

Mom will be DELIGHTED to know that she was right…as per usual, lololol. <3

Yes! I wanted you to tell her I said so! Action shots are vital!

1 Like

Love your work, and your mom’s photo styling. :smile:

1 Like

Mom: LOL Told you!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I agree! I think it gave that second photo so much life!

I think this is the wallet I need – so roomy and fun!

1 Like

Wow, well you sure can’t tell it was a bugger. You executed it beautifully.

1 Like

This is great. It looks like it would be a more difficult pattern with how small it is and the turning of that zipper almost all the way around it. You made it look easy with your great results. Cute fabric too. I love pink. :wink:

1 Like