A Doodle that deserves its own post

I discovered a new artist on YouTube, watched a few videos and just had to try this pattern. Then decided it needed a post showing how it came together.

Fill your page with random triangles, then fill each one in with more triangles.

Once finished, add three lines to each triangle (see upper left area that looks like flowers)

This 5x5 page took 1.5 hours to fill.

For those who didn’t catch where the 3 lines go …

27 Likes

Very cool! The flowers seem to appear by magic!

3 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for explaining the secrets behind the magic!

2 Likes

It so looks like flowers, what a cool optical illusion.

2 Likes

I have been looking at this for longer than I care to say, trying to figure out how you made magic happen!

3 Likes

Wow! It’s beautiful!
I’m afraid I don’t have the patience or attention span to complete that!

3 Likes

I did the same thing. Like… what 3 lines did Cindy add…?

2 Likes

Very cool! Had to doodle it myself to try it out! :smiley: That’s very cool how the flowers pop out like that!

1 Like

It didn’t happen in one sitting and I listen to music or the radio.

3 Likes

@endymion @mellybelly81

I circled the three lines then drew them in red.

8 Likes

Ahhh…it is all clear now! That is amazing! It’s like tying all the lines together at the corners.

3 Likes

Your doodles are always so awesome!
Thanks for explaining the steps. I was read through them and looked at the pictures, going “I don’t get it, I don’t get it, oh! I get it!”

2 Likes

You caught on to the one I demonstrated over zoom, I knew you would get this one too.

1 Like

So cool how that small addition changes the whole look!

1 Like

This is sooo cool! Thanks for the additional explaination. I’m glad I’m not the only one who needed it!

3 Likes

Love the dimension and it DOES look like magic!

1 Like

I made a much smaller version of this during a training session at work today. So, thanks for helping me focus!

2 Likes

This is so neat! Very graphic and clever.

1 Like

It just looks so complex so thanks for breaking it down into steps. Amazing what just a few more lines do…it is mesmerizing!

1 Like

Wow, this is really neat! It’s amazing how those flowers suddenly appear in the triangles just with three simple lines.
Thanks for the additional visual explanation. I couldn’t see where in the world the three mystery lines were added until you explained it.

1 Like