A foxy basket and Pikachu tote

Now that @roler has opened her Christmas gifts, I can share what I made for her here!

First up is this foxy basket. I found an ugly Christmas sweater pattern (how is this supposed to be ugly?! It’s a gorgeous pattern) that I made into a chart. Then I researched different stitches and styles of baskets and settled on the waistcoat crochet stitch. I love how it looks like knitting but isn’t.

I had to figure out how to make the basket to the size I’d need for the pattern, had to learn a new stitch, and then had to figure out tension and hook sizes. This is my third attempt, and I LOVE how it turned out!

The inside robins egg blue liner lifts up so that plastic canvas can be inserted between the layers to make the basket more sturdy. It is pretty sturdy without, but if plastic canvas is used, it will keep it’s shape even when stuffed full.

When I asked her what she wanted for Christmas, she told me baskets and totes for storing wips and other items. In addition to the fox basket, I made her a Pikachu tote! I found a bookmark I used as inspiration for this pattern, but I had to completely remake it to work for the tote. I found a pokeball pattern that also needed a lot of altering to work, but I got it to! I then used the same method I used on the Snoopy tote to make this tote. Other than wishing I could have found a bulky weight yarn in a brighter yellow, I am happy with how this tote turned out.

24 Likes

Both SO cute! The foxes were definitely worth the effort.

1 Like

Those turned out amazing! Such fun patterns, and so useful :heart:

1 Like

WOW! you really turned those patterns into exactly what you wanted! And there is NO WAY that the foxes would be ugly as a sweater or a basket. Adorable!

3 Likes

OMG I LOVE THE FOXES!! :heart: :heart:

1 Like

Both adorable, but the foxes are just amazing!

1 Like

This is amazing! So beautiful.

1 Like

These are wonderful! I feel like “ugly Christmas sweater” has come to mean patterned Christmas sweater with largish graphics. So many that I see aren’t really ugly and many of them are cute, like your foxes!

3 Likes

I LOVE my Christmas presents! Each one of them is so amazingly well done and beautiful, and I got BOTH!! <3 Thank you soooooooo much, SBC; your creativity and skill and speed and generosity continue to amaze me. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SO CUUUUTE! I’m especially partial to the fox basket.

1 Like

Oh my gosh, those foxes!

1 Like

So adorable! I love the liner portion on the fox basket at well!

1 Like

These are dynamite!

1 Like

LOVE the foxes! They are both adorable! :heart_eyes:

1 Like