A Handful of Owls

I made these for @thante in the IYP swap because one of the ideas she wrote to me was, “a handful of owls”. Now, I don’t know that this was exactly what she had in mind when she penned that statement but this vision popped into my head at that moment and I just had to make it happen. The idea was inspired by previous “bowls of whimsy” that I’ve experienced in my life. One of my former ceramics instructors had a bowl full of little faces that he’s absently sculpted in his college days and I always loved them. So, here is my interpretation on a bowl of whimsy, or in this case, a handful of owls…

35 Likes

They are utterly delightful. I liked the story too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Such a wonderful interpretation!

3 Likes

Of course a handful of owls needed to be done!

They are wonderful!

2 Likes

Beautiful and I love how you made each one unique. Your sculpting is amazing! Your owls almost seem to be smiling.

2 Likes

I adore them!

1 Like

These are darling!

1 Like

They’re super cute and feel nice in the hand! :green_heart:

…and then they were still sitting on my coffee table when my mother came to visit yesterday, and she looked at them and said, “oh, of course! They’re owl pellets!” :laughing:

6 Likes

They are so tiny and adorable! You have amazing skills to sculpt on such a small scale! Ok, you just have amazing skills, full stop. :wink: Great story, too!

1 Like

These are so neat. I love their serene faces.

1 Like

I love your work! These are so well done and very cool.

1 Like

These are almost hypnotizing!

1 Like

Charming

1 Like

These owls are wonderful! They must be so lovely to touch and play with!

1 Like

I love how they all are different when you look closely at them.

1 Like

These are so strange and lovely. Almost identical, but then not quite. :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congrats! Your Little Owls are one of this week’s featured projects. You rock!

2 Likes

:laughing: I did not see that until just now. Goodness. lol

1 Like

Omg, so cute! Love the way you interpreted the prompt, and I think these would be so fun to use as game pieces or something!

2 Likes

I love your handful of owls!

1 Like